| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  nashville 400 reverb help
Terry Pendlay

Effingham Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2019 11:59 am    

i have a nv 400 that reverb not working, do i sent to pevey or get a reverb pedal/ just see what is best and the cost of each. thanks
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2019 1:29 pm    

Either/or. My reverb died, and I have been using a reverb pedal in the front panel effects loop for several years now. It works great. I have also thought of sending my amp to Peavey for repair, but I never have the money or the time that I could be without my amp. You just have to send the chassis and reverb tank (and cables) to them.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Terry Pendlay

Effingham Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2019 11:25 am     ttt

ttt
Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2019 7:31 am     : nashville 400 reverb help

i would start with the molex connection first. change it out. ken fox has them.
https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=58679&sid=43b0c2707b278736e7ac3b57d6649ea3

p.w
Eric Philippsen

Central Florida USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2019 1:14 pm    

This is a common problem with NV400’s. I have played through them for about 40 years. Still own several.

The problem occurs where the reverb tank’s cords plug into the bottom of the amp chassis via the Molex connector. My experience has been that the loss of reverb is due to a dirty connection at that junction. Pulling the connector off and on a few times often does the trick. Spraying contact cleaner helps as does tightening the female plug connections.

Some just get rid of the connector and solder the tank’s wires directly to the circuit board points. That'll do it but it’s a pain because you usually have to yank the chassis out plus it’s main board in order to access those points.

Not every NV400 owner runs into the problem but enough have such that it’s been addressed many times on the forum here.