| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Dekley S10 For Sale
Bobby Lenamon

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2019 10:41 am    

Selling my Dekly S10 - 3/4. Serial# 101-0147.This is a clean guitar just reworked by Jim Flynn of Salado. It has great tone with nice sustain and good string separation. According to Jim Smith, based on looks and serial #, it is a late 1977 or early 1979. It is NOT a student model. The floor pedals have been replaced. Has case - it works but is not in good shape and is heavy.
Feel free to contact me regarding any questions or concerns. Asking $1300.00 plus shipping. PO money order preferred. BL
I apologize for pics. I'm not savvy in taking pics and uploading.

[/b]

MCI D10,Evans amps,Fender Twin,Sessions 500,Peavey amps, Fender guitars,Gibson guitars,G & L guitars,Taylor/Takamine/Gibson acoustics,Vintage guitars,DD 3,Boss pedals, Pro Fex,Shure/Carvin Sound Equipment

Last edited by Bobby Lenamon on 6 Jul 2019 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2019 11:32 am    

For the vertically challenged. Nice workhorse of a steel guitar there!

KEVIN MAUL: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Donner, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Nicholas Scott

Norfolk, VA USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2019 11:58 am    

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2019 4:36 pm    

MSA pedals.. good choice. the dekley pedals were kind of odd if you play in socks like me.
Thats a great deal for someone. Dekleys are solid as a rock with anvil like reliability and sound GREAT.. As good as any steel i ever had.. i have had 2 of them over the years.. there are VERY few high quality s10 steels around for $1300 any more.. Very good buy here... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Dennis Bilodeau

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2019 8:24 am    

I traded straight up an ETS steel for one of Bob's Dekleys
and it was the best trade I've made. The tone and sustain on the Dekley is great, not to mention the fact it stays in tune and is about as rugged a guitar you'll ever find. Good luck with the sale and I know someone will end up with a great professional steel at a great price, actually much cheaper than most student models out there.
By the way, hope all is well with you Bob.
Bobby Lenamon

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2019 11:13 am     Dekley S10 For Sale

Hey guys thanks for the comments and pic edit. It is a great guitar and I wouldn't sell if I didn't need the money for some other things. But health issues create bills and they need to be paid.
MCI D10,Evans amps,Fender Twin,Sessions 500,Peavey amps, Fender guitars,Gibson guitars,G & L guitars,Taylor/Takamine/Gibson acoustics,Vintage guitars,DD 3,Boss pedals, Pro Fex,Shure/Carvin Sound Equipment
Bobby Lenamon

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2019 8:58 am     Dekley S10 For Sale

TTT
Bobby Lenamon

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2019 9:01 am     Dekley S10 For Sale

Nice guitar. Priced to sell.
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2019 9:57 am    

Its crazy that this wonderful steel hasn't been snapped up.. people are paying $1100 for used Carter Starters these days... bob

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2019 9:59 am    

Dennis Bilodeau wrote:
I traded straight up an ETS steel for one of Bob's Dekleys
and it was the best trade I've made. The tone and sustain on the Dekley is great, not to mention the fact it stays in tune and is about as rugged a guitar you'll ever find. Good luck with the sale and I know someone will end up with a great professional steel at a great price, actually much cheaper than most student models out there.
By the way, hope all is well with you Bob.

Hi Dennis.. yes that was a really good guitar/// If I recall correctly it has a red pickup correct?.. That was a super nice sounding guitar.. To my ears very close to an old Bud type of vibe... bob

Dennis Bilodeau

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2019 12:20 pm    

Hi Bob, Yes, it is the same guitar with the red pickup, and if memory serves me right the pickup came from a Marlen guitar. I love the guitar and plan on keeping it and who knows, probably pass it on to one of the grand children. Great to hear from you Bob, take care!!
Leo Grassl

Madison TN
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2019 7:59 pm    

PM sent.

Thanks!

Leo G
Leo Grassl

Madison TN
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2019 8:34 am    

Bobby,

If you look closely in the pictures it appears that the fretboard is slightly wavy. Is it coming off of the neck in some areas?

Thanks,

Leo
Bobby Lenamon

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2019 3:02 pm     Dekley S10 For Sale

Still available! Just played it in my music room. Great tone, good sustain, good string separation, and overall clean, especially for age. I think I said it was a 78 or 79, but I looked back at what Jim Smith had told me and it was a late 77 or early 78. I apologize and wanted it corrected. BL
Patrick Fleming

South Dakota, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2019 3:23 pm    

How heavy is heavy? And what makes it not in good shape? I have been learning on a fender by sho bud student model and would like to upgrade.
Bobby Lenamon

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2019 5:00 pm     Dekley S10 For Sale

What I meant in the ad was the guitar itself is not heavvy, but the case itself is heavy for a case because it's made really good. Probably 1/2 " plywood. The case is not in good shape but it will protect your guitar and the hinges and latches work. The handle is not broke either. If I pointed out any problem w/o The the guitar,on one leg the part which tightens to extend the leg does not tighten like it should. However it can be fixed easily by moving this to be used on the front of the guitar. But I didn't mess with it because the bottom length part goes so far and it stops and is level and posed no problem for me sitting behind the guitar. I hope I explained that correctly to understand . Otherwise, it's a nice guitar to upgrade to without laying out a couple of thousand dollars. I will not sell anyone anything which I feel someone would have a problem with. I don't want to be deceived nor do I want to do it to anyone just to sell something.
Bobby Lenamon

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2019 8:46 am     Dekley S10 For Sale

Thanks to those who had complimentary words for the Dekley. This is nice guitar that plays nicely and sounds sweet. It is still available for a little while. If there are no takers I will remove shortly and will continue to use it myself. I feel it is priced right and worth a little more. BL
Tim Fleming

Pasadena, CA. The other Rose City (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2019 10:11 am    

Is she still available?

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2019 6:34 am     Dekley S10 For Sale

Yes,the Dekley is still available!
Brett Hansen

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2019 10:36 am    

I bought a Dekley SD10 on the forum a couple months ago in not as nice shape as this one for $1500. They are seriously well built and stay in tune forever, great sounding too, just not with me behind it.
Tim Fleming

Pasadena, CA. The other Rose City (deceased)
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2019 5:29 pm    

I sent you a PM, let's talk.

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2019 8:37 pm     Dekley S10 For Sale

Sold pending payment!
Bill Burch

California, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2019 8:38 pm    

Someone got a great guitar.

Bill