| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Briley Super Pro Split Case (body only): $100+
Dan Beller-McKenna

Durham, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2018 11:01 am    

So, this is a case (no pun intended) of buying a great product and then discovering I don't really have a need for it. I ordered this case from Hugh Briley late last spring, took delivery in early June. Only six weeks later, I decided to check out the Gator keyboard gig-bag, and that's all I've been using since. I only used Hugh's case twice. Since I only drive to local gigs with the steel in the back seat, I have come to realize I just don't need a hard case and the extra weight it adds; I'm going with the lightest equipment where ever I can.

This is for the body only of a Sho-Bud Super Pro. I didn't order the separate case for the legs and pedal board: I use a baseball-bat bag for that. Hugh had me measure every conceivable dimension of my Super Pro, and then measure again. As a result, the case fits the Super Pro like a glove. As I suspected from my experience with the original Sho Bud case, it also fits my Fessenden D-10 perfectly. It is blocked to fit a guitar that is 32.5". I can't vouch for how it might fit other guitars (given Hugh's exacting attention to the measurements of the blocking), but the basic internal dimensions are: L: 33 3/8" total (3/4" cut out for changer end plate switches etc.); W: 11.5; H 6 3/8.

As you can see from the picks, the case practically like new. In the right light, you can see some very light scuffing on the bottom from sliding the case into the hatchback of my car the couple of times I used it. There was also a very small divot in the tolex on the bottom about the size of a sesame seed, which I glued back down. It is visible to the right in the second picture, but really isn't noticeable in most light.

I am asking half of what I paid for it plus shipping. It was @$35 for Hugh to ship it to me from NC to NH, for what that's worth.

$100 plus shipping

Dan Beller-McKenna

Post  Posted 2 Nov 2018 5:01 am    

Bump for Friday
Dan Beller-McKenna

Post  Posted 12 Nov 2018 3:36 pm    

Bump for day ending in "y"
Dan Beller-McKenna

Post  Posted 23 Jun 2019 4:43 pm     Sold