| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mullen G2 foot pedals
Sean Downing

Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2019 5:13 pm    

I just bought a used Mullen g2 that sounds like a dream but the rods for the foot pedals keep coming off when I’m playing and it’s driving me insane. Please help!!!! Sad
Bill Miller

Gaspe, Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2019 6:10 pm    

That's pretty odd. I've had a G2 for over five years and have never encountered that. Are the spring collars well lubed and closing properly over the ball ends? Being second hand could there be some non-Mullen parts on there?
Also I would check to make sure the alignment between the ball and the socket for each rod is right on. Otherwise the ball may not be seating firmly.
Sean Downing

Post  Posted 12 Mar 2019 12:44 am    

Bill Miller wrote:
That's pretty odd. I've had a G2 for over five years and have never encountered that. Are the spring collars well lubed and closing properly over the ball ends? Being second hand could there be some non-Mullen parts on there?
Also I would check to make sure the alignment between the ball and the socket for each rod is right on. Otherwise the ball may not be seating firmly.

It’s actually coming off on the other end. Where it attaches to the body of the guitar
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2019 1:55 am    

I see you are new to the steel guitar forum. I don't know if you are new to the pedal steel guitar, but if so, be sure you are attaching the pedal rods so that the hook goes between the front apron of the guitar and the pedal pull hook. If the rod is hooked from the other side toward the middle of the guitar it will come out.

Apologies if this sounds elementary. Just a basic tip since I don't know you're experience etc.

If this is not your condition, then you must have a lot of wear on the parts which seems unlikely for a recent G2. Photo below is an earlier model Mullen but it should be similar in the rod hook-up.
Sean Downing

Post  Posted 12 Mar 2019 4:27 am    

Jerry Overstreet wrote:
I see you are new to the steel guitar forum. I don't know if you are new to the pedal steel guitar, but if so, be sure you are attaching the pedal rods so that the hook goes between the front apron of the guitar and the pedal pull hook. If the rod is hooked from the other side toward the middle of the guitar it will come out.

Apologies if this sounds elementary. Just a basic tip since I don't know you're experience etc.

If this is not your condition, then you must have a lot of wear on the parts which seems unlikely for a recent G2. Photo below is an earlier model Mullen but it should be similar in the rod hook-up.

I’d be willing to bet that’s exactly what I’m doing wrong. I’m very new to pedal steel in general. I tried putting the hook between the wood and the hole where the rod goes but I didn’t want to force it. I’ll try that tonight when i get home
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2019 6:03 am    

No need to force anything. Just angle the rod toward the middle of the guitar and hook the rod in the hole.

I'm sure Mike Mantey and the folks at Mullen will be glad to help you if have further issues/questions. www.mullenguitars.com

Enjoy your nice Mullen and hope you have a pleasant experience with the pedal steel guitar.