| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Biab 2019
Joe Wheeler

Marion Louisiana Union
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 3:13 am    

Has anyone tried the 2019 64 bit version of biab. The sale special ends soon and I am thinking of upgrading my 2013 version but would appreciate any feedback .Thanks
Norman Evans

Tennessee
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 5:35 am    

I mainly updated to get the plugin for dragging tracks to a DAW. I can't tell any difference in the 64 or 32 bit,YMMV. The program defaults to 32 bit anyway. To be able to use and to get an icon for the 64 bit, I had to go into the bb folder and create an icon. Then I could open the 64 bit from my start page. The Real Tracks are probably better than 2013.
Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 9:41 am    

Norman Evans wrote:
I mainly updated to get the plugin for dragging tracks to a DAW. I can't tell any difference in the 64 or 32 bit,YMMV. The program defaults to 32 bit anyway. To be able to use and to get an icon for the 64 bit, I had to go into the bb folder and create an icon. Then I could open the 64 bit from my start page. The Real Tracks are probably better than 2013.

Norman,

I did the same as you. What do you think about the DAW plugin? I haven't had a chance to experiment with it very much.

RC
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 10:44 am    

I bought the 2017 Audiophile version (registered) on hard drive new for $450. It was great deal and it's so easy to port tracks between BIAB/RealBand and Reaper that I am not tempted to upgrade even with the DAW plug-in capability.

It's still for sale at about the price for 2019:

https://www.midi-store.com/PG-Music-Band-in-a-Box-Audiophile-Version-2019-PC-p/sku42519klk.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 12:02 pm    

Greg Cutshaw wrote:
I bought the 2017 Audiophile version (registered) on hard drive new for $450. It was great deal and it's so easy to port tracks between BIAB/RealBand and Reaper that I am not tempted to upgrade even with the DAW plug-in capability.

It's still for sale at about the price for 2019:

https://www.midi-store.com/PG-Music-Band-in-a-Box-Audiophile-Version-2019-PC-p/sku42519klk.htm

Greg, In my very limited experience with the DAW plugin, I don't see that I'm gaining anything. It still has to render the song. My normal procedure is to complete the song in BIAB, render it as separate track wave files to a folder, highlight all the files and drag them to Studio One. Maybe I'll find new uses for the plugin as I work with it more. Look forward to hearing what Norman has to say. He's a sharp guy. He'll figure it out if anybody will.

RC
Norman Evans

Tennessee
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 3:06 pm    

Rick,
The plugin works ok, but seems slow to me. I'm going the same route I did before.
The count-in clicks are never loud enough to suit me using real tracks. I arrange the song in BIAB, pick a style, save it, and then open it in RealBand. Then I add a blank bar at the beginning of the song, highlight the count-in and do a gain change to get the count-in louder. Then I save each track as an individual wave file and then I can import into a DAW. This is easier than the plugin for me.
Norm
Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 7:46 pm    

Norman Evans wrote:
Rick,
The plugin works ok, but seems slow to me. I'm going the same route I did before.
The count-in clicks are never loud enough to suit me using real tracks. I arrange the song in BIAB, pick a style, save it, and then open it in RealBand. Then I add a blank bar at the beginning of the song, highlight the count-in and do a gain change to get the count-in louder. Then I save each track as an individual wave file and then I can import into a DAW. This is easier than the plugin for me.
Norm

Same here, but I don't have any problem with the count-in volume.

RC