| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New" Sho Bud..
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2006 9:17 am    

well, new to me..
One of my favorite models S 10 6139...2/1 changer, two hole bellcranks... SO nice a pull system.
Guys have always told me this was SB's best pull system and I must agree... SO much better than the Rack and barrel, ProI Pro III and Super Pro setups I have used in the past.. they should have kept this changer, and just added an extra pull on the lowers.
It pulls smoother and quieter, and stays in tune better than any Bud I have owned since my last 6139 27 years ago!!

This is my 5th pro model Bud along with 2 or 3 Mavericks..

Pedal and knee action are on a par with ANY steel I have owned .. including my Carter and my various MSA's.. I am impressed...

710 pickup sounds BEAUTIFUL on this old Bud, thanks for the heads to up guys who told me it was a great pickup...

My buddy Kurt Kowalski is sending me some additional pedals and knees , so this will be a 6 and 4 or 5 within a short time.
I also have a line on some undercarriage pull parts from a couple other guys,, everyone has been great.

I have had a rocky relationship with Buds in the past, but this one is a keeper!! She plays and stays in tune!!

Lacquer is badly checked.. coming off in chunks.. LOL..but thats ok... she a player as well as a looker in her own "vintagy" Bud kind of way..

anyway, I'm back in the Bud business, just can't stay away from the tone and vibe,and i think this one will be hangin' here for awhile.. thanks to everyone thats been kind enough to endure my calls,incessant chatter, rants and raves... love you all!..

Now I just gotta win the Fender 800 on Pee Bay, and my steel GAS will be satisfied... till next time.
I guess the old Williams will have to go.... can't keep 4....well, maybe.. bob

[This message was edited by Bob Carlucci on 06 March 2006 at 11:03 AM.]

James Morehead

Prague, Oklahoma, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2006 3:19 pm    

Hard to pass on that Shobud Tone and Vibe! I understand completely!
Ted Wurzburg

Brockport, New York, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2006 2:57 am    

Ihave what I believe to be a 6139 S-10, but it is Baldwin-Era (although it doesn't say Baldwin). It has the Rack & Barrel system. It was probably originally a 3/1 set up but has a 6/1 configuration.

Once I got it set up with Ricky's help, it plays well and seems to stay in tune, too.
Kurt Kowalski

Kendall, NY USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2006 4:24 am    

Hey Bob... enjoy the parts my man. Now you've gotta play me a tune & buy me a coffee next time I'm around your area.

Hey TED!!! Just saying Hey to you from only 5 miles away in Holley... Email me sometime and we can get a coffee at the Brockport Diner.

Best regards all!
KK

kurtkowalski@yahoo.com
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2006 4:17 am    

You are ACES in my book Kurt...The extra 3 pedals are on the rack and she's going together...slowly, but she's goin'... I'll never forget the help partner.. gotta dig up a few more parts when everyone gets back from Dallas! I'll be talking to you soon !! bob

[This message was edited by Bob Carlucci on 09 March 2006 at 08:27 AM.]

Russ Tkac

Post  Posted 9 Mar 2006 4:44 am    

Bob,

You get that Sho~Bud up and running and you may forget about that Fender for a week or two!

Enjoy,
Russ