| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Telonics TSNEO 12-4 into a Nashville 112
Nigel Mullen

Cassilis, New Brunswick, Canada
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2018 3:05 pm    

I posted this previously in the wrong section so I'm correcting here. I am replacing my Peavey speaker with a Telonics TSNEO 12-4 and in doing some measuring it looks like the bolts that held the original Peavey speaker will be too short for the Telonics. If someone has done this speaker switch, do I have to replace those bolts to install the Telonics speaker. Also, how does the speaker grill come off a Nashville 112? This probably sounds real stupid,but it's the first time I have attempted a speaker switch. Appreciate any help you can give. NM
George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2018 4:16 pm     speaker swap

Hi Nigel,
Best to do the swap from the back. You'll have to remove the top and lower panels from the back and then you can get at the bolts. The nut on the top is difficult to get at, but it can be done without removing the chassis. When I installed the new light weight speaker, I only used 4 of the bolts. 8, 10, 2, and 4 o'clock positions.

I have since gone back to the original Blue Marvel speaker in my Nash. 112
Nigel Mullen

Post  Posted 6 Nov 2018 4:40 pm    

Thanks George. I am working from the back but when I put the Telonics speaker in place the bolts don't come up through the speaker far enough for the nuts to catch the threads. I was wondering if I should put some longer bolts in the amp to hold the new speaker. The problem with that is I would have to get the speaker grill off to insert the longer bolts and that looks real difficult. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem when trying to switch to the Telonics speaker.
George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2018 5:05 pm     speaker swap

I didn't have any problem with the length of the bolts, but I'm wondering if there might be a gasket sticking to the baffle board that you could remove, and then the bolts would be long enough. I think I have read where others said they had to remove something from the baffle board.
Dyke Corson

Fairmount, IL USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2018 6:49 pm    

I put a Telonics in my Nashville 112, I seem to remember removing the gasket from the speaker so the bolts would come through...
Nigel Mullen

Post  Posted 7 Nov 2018 6:27 am    

Thanks George and Dyke. There is a thick gasket on the speaker and I'm sure if I remove it the bolts will be long enough. Really appreciate this and I'll let you know how I make out. NM