| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Terry Wood - 17th Annual Steel Show in Conway, MO-Sept. 29th
Douglas Cole

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2018 8:45 am    

Show starts at 11. Goes until 5 then re-arrange room for an evening dance. Looks like lots of fun.

Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2018 10:05 am    

This will be the 17th Steel Guitar Show that I have hosted since 2006. We had 2 steel guitar shows a year for five of those years. Some of the players in past have included 7 Steel Guitar Hall of Fame members. Also many other great steel players. This year we will have these Great Steel Guitarists: Jacob King, Mike McGee, Jack Musgrave, Keith Hilton, Jimmy Dreadfulwater, and Terry Wood. We have 6 great vocalists Dave Perryman, LuAnn Turner, Shelley Walenia Moses, Jimmy Dreadfulwater, Jesse French, Chester Wood, Jim Caulfield and others. The Shows Master of Ceremonies is Corey Moses who has worked as radio announcer and on television. There are some really top backup musicians. I don't have a club or organization, it is all something that I just like to do! No Admission but any donations are appreciated. Everyone is invited to attend. The show is set in schedule already. We are booked solid for players. If you are not on the list contact me and we will be glad to try and schedule you on our 2019 Annual Steel Guitar Show. Thanks Friends!
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2018 10:09 am    

We also will be hosting a dance there that night. The dance is always fun and we have a great Country Revue Band! I want to say also that on this show we are featuring three different bands. Jimmy Dreadfulwater and his Cherokee Lighthorse Band, The Band Walenia and Dave Perryman and The Country Revue Band! They all feature great singing and music!

Last edited by Terry Wood on 11 Sep 2018 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2018 10:11 am    

Food is being catered in by a local bistro. There food is very good and very reasonably priced. You will like their food and prices.
Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2018 3:24 am    

Terry, good luck with the show. I would like to come and listen to the great players you haave comeing, but I have to play that evening. Larry
Rick Eaves

Maple Grove, MO - U.S.A.
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2018 5:59 am     Terry Wood steel guitar event

Terry, thank you for inviting me to the show. Please do put me in one of your shows in 2019. Would love to participate in the future, Lord willing.
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2018 1:48 pm    

Looking forward to seeing our Friends and playing music on September 29th at Conway Missouri Community Center. We are staying really busy these days. I'm booked almost every weekend. This will be 17 shows that I have hosted since 2006. It's been a lot of fun but just have to see how things are next year. We have had 7 Steel Guitar Hall of Fame members and about 40 to 45 other Steel Guitarists. Also lots of singers and fine musicians. I appreciate all of you! Thanks and we'll see Y'all down the road!
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2018 4:11 am    

We are looking forward to a Great little show on Saturday September 29th at Conway Missouri Community Center. Featuring some great Steel Guitarists, Musicians and Singers. After the show we regroup and and reorganize the building for a dance that night. Free Admission to the Steel Guitar Show and a $5 cover charge for the dance that night. Looking forward to seeing our Friends and playing music! Show starts at 11:00 ends at 5:00. Dance starts at 7:00 lasts until 10:00. Thank You Friends!
Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2018 11:13 am    

When will the schedule be posted? Thanks!
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2018 5:19 am    

Schedule for Terry Wood 17th Steel Guitar Show and Singing Saturday September 29th at Conway Missouri Community. 10:30 - 11:00 JoAnn Kreider, Cowboy Jim Caulfield 11:05-11:35, 11:40-12:10 Jacob King, 12:15- 12:45 Mike McGee, 12:50- 1:20 The Band Walenia, 1:25- 1:30 Awards, 1:30-2:00 Jack Musgrave and LuAnn Turner, 2:05-2:35 Terry Wood and Zane Wood, 2:40-3:10 Keith Hilton, 3:15-3:45 Jimmy Dreadfulwater and Jesse French, 3:50-4:20 Dave Perryman and The Country Revue Band, 4:25- 5:00 Chester Wood and Friends. We break around 5:00 and rearrange for a Country Dance starting at 7:00. Admission for Steel Guitar Show is Free! Donations are accepted at door and appreciated to help cover ecpenses. There is a $5 cover charge for the dance. Food is being catered in by a local Bistro Restaurant. The food is excellent and very reasonably priced. Thank You Friends!
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2018 1:54 pm    

I want to say a big thank you to all the Steel Guitarists, Singers and Musicians,who came and performed at our 17th Annual Steel Guitar Show and Singing yesterday September 29th at Conway Missouri Community Center. We had pretty much a full house most of the day. I have been told by several people that it was the best Steel Guitar Show and Singing that I have hosted since 2006. Thanks to Everyone and God bless!
Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2018 4:41 pm    

Terry, thanks for the invitation! Great time and great music.
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2018 4:41 pm    

Sorry I missed the show. I came down with a serious sinus infection on Friday. Thought I still yet might make the show. By Saturday it got worse and I went to emergency care. Did not get much sleep Saturday night. Sill got it, but seem to be getting slightly better. This all came about because of me mowing right at dark, and into the night on Wednesday. It was cold and damp, and stupid me, I did not wear a mask. Anyway I regret not being able to come to the show. I have a lot of friends at Conway. I taught high school mathematics there, and was principal of the Conway Junior High School That is until the Vietnam War Draft. I went from be a Junior High Principal to being a Marine Grunt packing an assault rifle. But that is a different story with a lot of horrible memories.
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2018 7:19 pm    

Keith, I hope your feeling better! Thanks Mike McGee, Jack Musgrave, Luann Turner, Jimmy Dreadfulwater, Jesse French, Jacob King, Dave Perryman, Wayne Florang, Gale Richey, Corey and Shelley Walenia Moses, Zane Wood, Cowboy Jim Caufield, Larry Garrett, and others who helped to make the show a Great Success! Just the best Steel Guitar Show we've every hosted! Full House for the event! Thanks Friends and God bless!