| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  JCH D-10 Black Formica - Guitar Has Been Sold For $2,650!
Dave Stewart

Pensacola
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2018 11:27 pm    

I am selling my JCH D-10. Serial number 1015. I bought it several years ago for $3,800 which is what I initially asked for it. I didn't really expect to get that much for it, but wanted to start there. I'm dropping the sale price to $2,650. That's total, includes shipping. At this low price, I will consider any unreasonable offer if someone really wants the guitar...lol. Somebody is going to get a great deal. I know times are tough. I made this video this week, so you can see and hear the guitar in action...

https://youtu.be/Rworw_v_VQ0

I also took these photos of the guitar (let me know if you want more)...

http://www.steelc6th.com/images/jch_guitar.htm

I would prefer that someone buy this guitar who is familiar with the JCH guitars, since I don't have any factory paperwork for it, and you'll know exactly what you are getting. I have been cheated numerous times when buying sight unseen and know that horrible feeling, so as a Christian I won't do that to anyone. If you are not happy with the guitar when you get it, I'll return your money. I think 7 days is a fair amount of time to make your decision, so we'll go with 7 days. All I ask is that you spend the money to return the guitar to me, insured for the selling price. I live on Guam, so shipping is a bit pricey. I just checked the USPS website for the heck of it from Guam to Winston-Salem, North Carolina, which for a 70 pound package 40" x 18" x 8" costs $135.80. The guitar in the case without any packaging weighs 65.2 pounds. That's a rough guesstimate, since I don't know where it will be shipped yet.

The guitar has Bill Lawrence 710 pickups and I love the sound of it. The guitar plays nicely. The guitar didn't have a half-stop when I bought it, so I put one on that I had ordered for my Sho-Bud. It works well. There are two adjustments underneath: one for the half-stop itself, and the other for the tension for it. I like a solid half-stop, so I set the tension fairly high. I put some removable 1/2" foam pipe insulation from Home Depot over the knee for my comfort. I included the foam sleeve in the case if you'd like to use it. You can lighten the tension if you'd like.

The guitar has split tuners. I am only using a split tuner on string 6. The vertical knee lowers the 6th string from G# to F#. I am not lowering the 5th string on this guitar. My setups are standard. The guitar is standard height at 26". I have shorter legs, which is one reason I am selling it. My S-10 Rittenberry is 25", which I enjoy playing more. I really enjoy playing the C6th neck on the JCH. I also have an old D-10 Pro-II Sho-Bud, which I love and want to hang onto. I have too many steel guitars (I didn't think that was possible...lol). So I am selling this one.

The neck tone selector switch turns on either the E9th or the C6th, but not both at the same time.

Here are the copedents:

E9th...
    Pedal 1 - raises strings 5 and 10 a whole tone
    Pedal 2 - raises strings 3 and 6 a half tone
    Pedal 3 - raises strings 3 and 4 a whole tone
    LKL - raises strings 4 and 8 a half tone
    LKV - lowers string 6 a full tone (adjusts with stop screw in changer); half stop adjusts with hexnut on pull rod
    LKR - lowers strings 4 and 8 a half tone
    RKL - lowers string 9 a half tone; lowers string 2 a half or full tone, with mechanic half-stop mechanism underneath carriage
    RKR - raises strings 1 and 7 a full tone

C6th...
    Pedal 4 - raises strings 4 and 8 a whole tone
    Pedal 5 - raises string 10 a full tone; raises string 9 a half tone; lowers string 5 a half tone; raises string 1 a full tone (from D to E)
    Pedal 6 - raises string 2 a half tone; lowers string 6 a half tone
    Pedal 7 - raises strings 3 and 4 a full tone
    Pedal 8 - lowers string 10 one and a half tones; lowers
    string 9 a half tone; raises string 7 a half tone
    RKL - lowers string 3 a half tone

I'll answer any questions and try to be as helpful as I can, so we can avoid any returns if possible. I am not sure what year this JCH was built. I read somewhere that Lloyd Green's former JCH was serial number 1054. Mine is number 1015. So it seems they might have been built fairly close, but I don't know for certain. I tried to clean up the guitar a bit. I polished the chrome.

The guitar is triple raise, triple lower, as seen in the photos. There are no string return issues. I made the videos so you can hear that it plays in tune. It is a nice guitar. I have read that it is a collector's item, but I didn't care about that when I bought it, I just wanted a JCH. As I mentioned, I have too many pedal steels and can only play one at a time, so I'd like to sell this one if someone is interested.

Thank you!

Last edited by Dave Stewart on 14 Jul 2018 3:37 am; edited 5 times in total
Kerry Johnson

the Bay Area, CA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2018 11:36 am     Jch

Hi Dave,
My 1984 JCH is serial# 1026, so yours is probably 83/84 vintage.

Great sounding JCH you have.
Dave Stewart

Pensacola
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2018 4:25 pm     JCH D-10 Black Price Drop to $3,150

I've dropped the sale price to $3,150 if anyone is interested.

Thank you!

Rossville TN
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2018 5:44 pm    

I've seen Buck Reid's JCH up close, and if I was looking for one I would grab this quick.
Dave Stewart

Pensacola
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2018 2:37 pm     JCH D-10 Black Formica Price Drop $2,650

I've dropped the sale price to $2,650 if anyone is interested.

Thank you!

Pensacola
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2018 3:34 am     JCH D-10 Black Formica - Guitar Has Been Sold!

The JCH D-10 black guitar has been sold for $2,650 to a blessed forum member!

Thank you all who read and considered!

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2018 7:23 am    

Woohoo!!! Whoa!