| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho Bud Super Pro Tech Question
Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2018 12:17 pm    

This question pertains to the number 3 string on the C6 neck. When using the RKL to lower string 3 it does not return to pitch. If I push pedal 7 it will return to pitch. I can reach under the guitar and with very little effort release it also. Almost as if the return spring is not strong enough. I have already removed and inspected the number 3 changer finger looking for the ware spot from the "mouse ear" that wares the notch in the lower part of the finger. Looked ok. Not sticking and lubed. I had a new finger assmb. so I installed it. No change. I had this happen on the E9th neck and I replaced a finger that had the ware notch in the finger. Took care of the problem. String tension, dia? Rod location in changer? Pull rod is located in the upper hole on the lower portion of the finger.
Steve Smith

Bramalea, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2018 8:22 pm    

try lowering your 3rd string if comes back flat reach under the guitar press on the finger to see is back to the neutral position if it is not push on the finger to put it back to the neutral position If this is the case you might take a couple of coils off the lowering spring that will probably give enough tension to pull the finger back to the neutral position if not you might have to change the lowering spring on the 3rd string
Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2018 6:51 am     Thanks Steve

Thanks Steve, Sounds like a plan.
Larry Bressington

Nebraska
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2018 9:45 am    

Kev ive seen the scissors get stuck on the next one over many times....Where the return spring connects, try pressing the pedal and wiggling the scissor with your finger left and right as you activate lever, Oil it also from the top by the fingers ...Rods dragging is another to investigate.

What about the other return spring by the deck, I believe that one helps pull the scissor back on raise?

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2018 2:58 pm     Thanks Larry.

I will check that for sure. This Bud does not have the return spring by the deck.