| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TSGA Shoutout
Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2018 3:35 pm    

I wanted to say I really enjoyed the Texas Steel Guitar Jamboree and meeting so many I only see here on the Forum. Brownie was a pretty big hit but I had to say goodbye to him as the new owner now has possession.

It was great to meet and great all my SGF brothers and sisters and I look forward to meeting more of you in the future.

Cheers,

Mike

Zum double Hybrid 8x9, 64 Twin (JBLs), p2pAmps Bad-Dawg, p2pAmps Tremendous Reverb, Visit my website www.p2pamps.com
Edward Rhea

Medford Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2018 7:55 pm    

Great to meet and visit you, Mike! I couldn’t help myself, had to see Brownie in person...STUNNING job you did on that one! I enjoyed gawking at your amplifiers too...

Angleton, Texas
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2018 10:28 pm    

Mike, I had a great time hanging out in the Eminence room. Brownie is sheer perfection, and your amps SING! Thanks for letting me play your awesome Infinity too. Take care, and holler if you need anything in the Houston area!

Last edited by Cameron Parsons on 12 Mar 2018 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Bill L. Wilson

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2018 10:58 pm     Had Fun.

Really nice meeting you Mike, and that Infinity is one fine steel guitar. But like I told you, my wife says the old Emmons is my last steel. She also says the same thing about amps.
Daymon LaPoint

Jasper, Texas
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2018 9:05 am    

Mike, Thank you!! Once I got all the fingerprints and drool cleaned off of her, Brownie is simply incredible. WOW! I'll post more soon. THANK YOU Brother.

'66 Emmons Bolt-On, Sho-Bud LDG, Sho-Bud Fingertip, Rus-Ler D-10, '70 Emmons, P2P Bad Dawg, Fender '59 Bassman, Fender Twin Reverb and Rick Johnson Cabinets. Evans 300 Hybrid, Evans SE-100, Evans FET500, Previous and Proud previous owner of James Blonde, Brownie, and Rosalee.
Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2018 9:33 am    

Daymon LaPoint wrote:
Mike, Thank you!! Once I got all the fingerprints and drool cleaned off of her, Brownie is simply incredible. WOW! I'll post more soon. THANK YOU Brother.

Thank you Daymon, Brownie is a very special guitar and I'm happy he has a good home... Post some pics

Zum double Hybrid 8x9, 64 Twin (JBLs), p2pAmps Bad-Dawg, p2pAmps Tremendous Reverb, Visit my website www.p2pamps.com
Don Mogle

Round Rock, TX, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2018 3:23 pm     Dallas Show

Mike,

It was great meeting you and talking steel, electronics, and whatever. I hope you can make it back to Dallas next year!

I want to echo what Cameron said. Your amps sound GREAT! Anyone looking for a boutique amp with classic Fender styling needs to take a look at the P2P lineup.

Also, your impeccable work on Brownie was off the charts--stunning! I know this restoration was a labor of love. Brownie, now as new, will be making music for decades to come.

Finally, thanks for your help with my Emmons PP and Fender Twin.

Now, lets get working on the next Emmons PP restoration! I'll be on the lookout for worthy candidates for you.

Take Care Good Buddy!

Don
Don Kuhn

Poetry/Terrell ,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2018 7:30 pm    

That was a great show seemed to me like there were a lot of people there this year.
Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2018 4:29 am     Re: Dallas Show

Don Mogle wrote:
Mike,

It was great meeting you and talking steel, electronics, and whatever. I hope you can make it back to Dallas next year!

I want to echo what Cameron said. Your amps sound GREAT! Anyone looking for a boutique amp with classic Fender styling needs to take a look at the P2P lineup.

Also, your impeccable work on Brownie was off the charts--stunning! I know this restoration was a labor of love. Brownie, now as new, will be making music for decades to come.

Finally, thanks for your help with my Emmons PP and Fender Twin.

Now, lets get working on the next Emmons PP restoration! I'll be on the lookout for worthy candidates for you.

Take Care Good Buddy!

Don

Hi Don,

Thanks buddy. I enjoyed our visit and also looking over your gear. I'm always on the lookout for my next project so soon as the right one comes along I'll get started.

Cheers