| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Still Waiting
Bobby Nelson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2018 2:58 pm    

I read in one of the threads last week, where some of you guys were telling another guy to "read the book". They were talking about the Winnie Winston book. So, I ordered it, and the DeWitt Scott/Mel Bay book. I already had the Joe Wright technique Bundle (which I lost when my hard drive crashed), and the Mickey Adams book (which I was somehow able to recover) and have been working on the right hand with those. However, being a guy who originally took music lessons in the late 60's and early 70's, there is nothing quite like having a hard copy of a book in your hand, or on your music stand.

There is a lot of good reading material in the Winston book - the Scott book gets right into playing without a lot of discussion. What this has done, is made me wanting my Pedal Guitar to be finished so I can actually get to the task of playing it haha! I haven't done a whole lot of thinking about it as I've just been working on my right hand on the console but I'm really ready to go to Dallas and pick my new baby up haha!

I feel like this 8 or 10 months of messing w/the 8 string C6 has helped me a lot, and will be a good benefit when I get pedals but... Doggone fellas - I'm ready already haha!