| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Help me ID old Jeffran course...
Graeme Smart

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2005 1:05 pm    

I have an old copy (20+ years??)of a Jeffran course that is missing the cover and title pages, etc...and I'm trying to figure out what course it might be. It's divided into forty lessons or '40 weeks'. It appears to be an entry level course, and the tab is all handwritten, not typed. (Very neat handwriting, btw!) Includes a cassette tape.
Does anyone know what the name of this course might be, from this description? Or is it so old that no one can tell? I'd like to find out so I can figure out which one to get next.
Thanks,
Grae
Reid Fletcher

Leesville, LA, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2005 3:17 pm    

Graeme, I think that is call a steel guitar monthly course. he would send you a lesson-you would/could work it out-send a cass. tape back to him and he would critique it and send it and another lesson back to you. You could also buy all lessons at once and not send any back to be critique if you wanted to. I told Fran she should bring this course back out again--but I doubt it. Still sit down with my copy everyonce in awhile. I think this is the course you are talking about. If I knew what tab is in your course I would know for sure.
Nic du Toit

Milnerton, Cape, South Africa
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2005 10:04 am    

I bought mine from Jeff during April, 1980 whilst attending one of his week long courses.
Best investment I ever made, and would recommend it as a 'must have' for every beginner to imtermediate player.

------------------
Nic du Toit
1970 Rosewood P/P Emmons D10 Fatback 8x4
Peavey Session 500 unmodfied

My CD "Nightmare on Emmons Steel"

Click here to E-mail us.

Ray Minich

Bradford, Pa. Frozen Tundra
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2005 12:39 pm    

I have a version of this course, which consists of 10 books numbered 1 thru 10, each with the cover picture of Jeff sittin' at an Industrial 2500. Also a cassette tape each for each of the 10 books in the course.

40 weeks is wildly optimistic for me, maybe 40 months?