| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  i have not said its a bad guitar- read carefully
William Johnson

Statesboro, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2005 11:08 am    

well . . . please take time to read this carefully.

actually that's what i was thinking also, what is the big deal and why are some members getting upset? i ask, why did trival, misunderstood info about a PSG's history ring a few bells? compare my paraphased statemnts in my post(s): "I was told this mint green Derby was built for Mr. L. Green" to "I was told this mint green Derby was built for a player who had later given it to Mr. L. Green". is that slanderest, sameless bragging or being being serious out of line? it was no more than a minor misunderstanding who owned the PSG and in what order. that's the truth and i guess the post(s)still can be read on this fourm.

i noticed early on that most members have been helpful and positive, but some few have been negative and actually critical of my intentions, intelligence and PSG mechanics. i started thinking what is the real issue here when some members were in a kinda sharp tone saying in effect, 'dummy adjust the B pedal and the LKL! actually i had already done those exact adjustments before i had made the first post about the issue i was having fitting the 'Green' PSG to my person. the PSG in question was still uncomfortable (at least for me) to do the 4 to 6m chord change with AB moves. MAYBE that's why i was later compelled (started not to post as i thought it might draw more negative attention to me personally) to 'list' my background in music related areas (which is the truth)! i was trying to say, 'i understand the common adjustments as i done them a few dozen times. trust me, this PSG appears to be mod'd and some other helpful members agree also.

also, who said its a bad guitar? i never have. i said i was having trouble getting it adjusted to fit my left knee and still dealing with the AB moves. i also said that detailed info on the under-carriage was hard to come by, even including the OEM. it was written carefully, chosing proper and gracious words to avoid ill feelings, but still explaining what is going on and that i was getting anwsers slow, but some (several emailed me directly many times) where very helpful and positive.
why do you think i posted the 'Green' Derby under-carriage photos? cetainly not to create ill feelings.

at any rate, i am more than likely digging myself in deeper, but i am certainly not burdened with guilt as i was honestly trying to get detailed info and maybe pass this info on to others who may not be so blessed with detaield layoiut of pedals etc. you do know that maybe 6 players emailed me, stating 'they had the same problems', or 'my PSG was also was mod'd' or 'my PSG was really set-up wrong also'. and yes, some said 'you can not adjust the pedals enought to effectively use the AB pedals'. 'if severely mod'd you may want to have to Charlie at Derby, Charles R. or maybe Billy Cooper do it for you depending on how extreme the under-carriage changes were, but if its standard, you can easily move the ABC to the right one position'.

enough . . .

if anyone is still interested in passing on Derby details for a standard set-up or in making suggestions on best approach please email me directly as this discussion needs to be killed on the forum.

sorry for the BS, i'm signing out.

Billy