| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MSA Knee Levers
Jim Eaton

Santa Susana, Ca
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2005 7:53 am    

What is the proper position for the reversing arm on right moving knee levers on an MSA? Should it be straight up and down or can you shorten the throw by setting it on an angel? Has anyone ever worked out a different way to do this? The left moving KL's are fine and easy to use, but the right moving KL's have a long throw and require a lot of effort to use. I know that it is 30 yr old technology, but it seems to me that both the right and left moving KL's on the S-10 5/4 that I had at one point all worked very smooth and easy.
I have made sure everything is lubed well and there is nonthing binding that I can find so far. The guitar is an SD-12 4/4 - 76 Classic double raise - double lower changer. Idea's guy's!!!!
JE:-)>

------------------
Emmons D10 8/4 P/P -75'
Fessenden SD-10 3/5
MSA SD-12 4/4 - 76'
76'Session 400
86'Nashville 400
Bandit 112

Grant Johnson

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2005 2:02 pm    

I have owned two seventies MSA Classics and I know what you are talking about. I found that they definitely have a "sweet-spot" that might take a bit of tweaking. I have had to do a bit of re-adjustment on the R levers until I found the perfect spot. Once you do find the "sweet spot" on the R levers, they are not too different from the L levers.
YMMV....
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2005 7:57 am    

Easiest effort is obtained by having the "reversing arm" straight up and down! Adjustments to the throw should always be made at other places in the pulling train.