| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rains Steel Guitars
Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2005 9:59 am    

Last night Corky Owens (Gene Watson Band)and I went to hear Gary Carpenter with his new RAINS STEEL GUITAR. First of all, Gary is without a doubt one of the most accomplished steel players ANYWHERE on both E9th and C6th!

I've heard Gary play many times and his accuracy and tone has always been great. However, the tone last night was to die for! His new RAINS STEEL GUITAR sounded incredible no matter where Gary played on the fretboard. The highs were silky smooth and sweet; the lows were full sounding; it sustains for ever and the string separation was just super. The undercarriage is very clean and easy to change pedal setups etc. (I think I could even work on it!)

In between sets, I played it and the pedal action was very smooth and quiet. Bottomline...I think Gary and Bobby Rains have developed a great playing - sounding steel guitar...check the new RAINS STEELS.
John Davis

Cambridge, U.K.
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2005 12:35 pm    

Hi Bill,
I would sure like to look at one if`n it was`ent so far to go!!
JD.
Charlie Moore

Deville, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2005 6:45 pm    

That's not fair to Rains,Gary Carpenter could stretch screen wire over a 2x4 and have tone......whatchreckin...Charlie...
Bob Tuttle

Republic, MO 65738
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2005 7:10 pm    

Gary Carpenter could probably sound good on a 2X4 stretched with bailing wire, but that doesn't change the fact that these new Rains steel guitars are absolute "tone-monsters". Why do you think "Carp" is playing one.

I've had my new Rains for a little over a month now, and I'm more amazed at the sound of it every time I play it. Check it out at the Mesa, Arizona show, or in Dallas this coming March.
Corky Owens

Owensboro, KY USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2005 10:35 pm    

I agree with all of the above. Gary's playing was amazing. Like Bill, I've gone out to hear Gary several times and just can't get enough. His Rains was crystal clear. All the way to the end of the fret board. Played great. I think the Rains guitar will be one of the top guitars.

------------------
Mark Sonnabaum

Denton, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2005 11:24 pm    

I'm taking lessons with Gary right now and he plays the Rains during our lessons. It looks and sounds great but its hard to tell if its the guitar or Gary!

Mark
Les Anderson

The Great White North
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2005 3:35 pm    

Do you mean the Rains is even clearer and crisper than Billy Cooper's GFI? Jeez, I thought I heard mesmerizing, silky strings when I listen to Billy's artistry on his steel.

------------------
(I am not right all of the time but I sure like to think I am!)