| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  For Danny Dees ...Hope You Feel Better Soon
Jim Lindsey (Louisiana)

Greenwell Springs, Louisiana (deceased)
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2016 11:59 pm    

Danny Dees, if you're reading this, I got your brother's text about your health issues and I'm so sorry to hear of your illness. He asked me to post a couple of those Jon Dennis Smith tunes we recorded back in 1990 so you can listen while surfing the forum. I'm guessing you have your laptop with you.

I only found one of the studio cuts you asked for, "Too Cold To Hold". I couldn't find the studio cut of "She's A Texas Lady", but I did find a live cut from rehearsal when we were getting ready to record it. Hope that's okay.

Darryl didn't give me much detail about your illness, but said you're going to down for awhile. You're in my prayers and hope you get better real soon. So, here you go, bud ... those two songs you asked for ...

https://soundcloud.com/excalibur-steel/shes-a-texas-lady

https://soundcloud.com/excalibur-steel/too-cold-to-hold-southern-thunder
ProCo RAT R2DU Dual Distortion - Korg DT-1 Pro Tuner (Rack Mounted) - Furman PL-8 Power Bay
Goodrich Match-Bro by Buddy Emmons - BJS Steel Bar (Dunlop Finger Picks / Golden Gate Thumb Picks)
Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2016 6:23 am     For Danny Dees ...Hope You Feel Better Soon

Jim,
sounds great both cuts. would like to know what steel your where playing back then . msa or boen or Mullen??
and your amp setup. just found my teachers 1981 msa vintage xl d-10 i bought it and going to restore it this winter. hope all is well

p.w
Jim Lindsey (Louisiana)

Greenwell Springs, Louisiana (deceased)
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2016 5:47 pm    

Hi, Paul...
That guitar was my red Mullen equipped with E-66 pups and in the rehearsal thing I was just running through two Nashville 400 amps with reverb at 4 on one and 7 on the other. On the studio cut, same rig, but I was also running my rack with an SPX-90 for the slight chorus, Yamaha R-1000 digital reverb and Ross DDL-1000 Time Machine digital delay.
ProCo RAT R2DU Dual Distortion - Korg DT-1 Pro Tuner (Rack Mounted) - Furman PL-8 Power Bay
Goodrich Match-Bro by Buddy Emmons - BJS Steel Bar (Dunlop Finger Picks / Golden Gate Thumb Picks)