| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "Honky Tonk Work of Art" - Steve Wariner - Lloyd Green steel
Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2016 10:29 am    

"Honky Tonk Work of Art" is off Steve Wariner's "This Real Life" CD. Alex Rehfeld mentioned it on another thread...I had a listen and liked it. Here's a shot at the tab thru the break. It's got Lloyd's signature "Jukebox Charlie" sound on the kickoff. I remember Ricky Davis saying that Lloyd's current setup raises the first string 1/2 tone (not the customary +1) and he only drops his 8th string (not both 4 and 8 ). I tried to tab this out with that in mind. Here it is on youtube - hope it's close...I had a little trouble in places hearing the steel clearly. Corrections always welcome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG18y_c00ZA

Mark Hershey

New York, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2016 7:40 am    

Wow, thanks again! Your complete steel tabs are invaluable to me. I've learned so many intros, breaks and I can't tell you how helpful it is for me to look at ideas of what to do during the verse.

I've seen your previous works 'Seed and Stem Blues', 'Rainbow All Over Your Blues', are there any others that I'm missing?
Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2016 7:57 am    

Thanks for the nice comment, Mark. Go to the "search" function and put my name in under "search for author" and then select "Tablature" for forum section and go back for about 3 years of posts....there should be a number of song titles in the subject lines of the search results that I've done over the years.
Alexander Rehfeld

Aberdeen, Scotland
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2016 11:17 am    

Well done!!

Sonoma California
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2016 9:27 pm    

Great! I look forward to looking at this tomorrow as a good exercise for the day! I love the first string raise halfstep and have all my steals like that. But I love that classic sound. Gives you a super cool minor tone or dominant tone in the main positions