| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Branson visit.
David Biggers

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2016 1:45 pm    

I'm kinda disappointed that I wasn't able to locate more country music shows here.
Got here Saturday night.
Going to stay until tomorrow morning.

Such a beautiful place.

Spent yesterday on the lazy river near the resort.

Wish I could get back for the steel show but I'm playing that weekend.

Weather has been great !!!

My whole family was raised in the ozarks. Just across the border.
Bob Brenner

Jefferson City, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2016 2:17 pm    

DId you check out Grand Country Square? Great shows there -- usually there is a country show in the AM but not during summertime. Then there is a bar/grill down near the Dixie Stampede next to a craft mall. Great country music there. Look up Larry Allred at the Grand Country Show down the road and he'll tell you all about it! Seems like there are shows in the IMax building. It's here! Seems like GIlly's grill has country music in there. It's here -- just ask at Grand Country Show. ALso, A guy name Kenny Parrot sings around town too -- great classic country singer. Check around with people -- don't give up!
Roger Shackelton

MINNESOTA (deceased)
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2016 5:30 pm    

There is a tourist information office in Branson.

Branson Tourism Center
Give us a Call: 1-800-960-3006

WEB CODE BYBQT8

NO SERVICE FEES! • BEST SEATS AVAILABLE • SAVE TIME & MONEY
We are open 7 Days a Week 8:00 am - 9:30 pm (CST)

Roger
LARRY COLE

LANCASTER, OHIO, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2016 7:40 pm    

We went through Branson a couple of wees ago and almost everything was advertised as George Jones sound alike, The Carpenters sound alike, Conway sound alike..............., a few show type bands and a couple of dates in the future for stars. Not my thing.
Bob Brenner

Post  Posted 16 Jul 2016 4:35 am    

LARRY COLE wrote:
We went through Branson a couple of wees ago and almost everything was advertised as George Jones sound alike, The Carpenters sound alike, Conway sound alike..............., a few show type bands and a couple of dates in the future for stars. Not my thing.

That SO NOT TRUE!!! Talk to the Presleys about that, to the Grand COuntry Shows about that, talk to Billy Dean about that, THe Huttons, Dolly Parton, Mel Tillis about that, Clay Cooper about that, talk to Mickey Gilly, Kenny Parrot and many, many more. There IS a show that used to be the Dick Clark THeatre that has performers that you are talking about.
Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2016 11:26 am    

Guy's, there's a few good shows lurking around that have good Country music. I'm at Presleys, Johnny Cox is at Baldknobbers, Gene Mulvaney at Grand Country, Kevin Clemmons is playing at Roundup on the Trail show at Shepherd of the Hills, I think Greg Moody is playing some of the shows at the God and Country Theatre, Robbie Springfield at Clay Cooper's Theatre doing Clay's show and Ozark Jubilee show in the mornings. Bruce Hoffman plays some steel at the Buck Trent show. There's also a great new Country show this year called Raiding the Country Vault. They have a good steel player named Scott Kwapiszeski. So as you can see, there are still some good shows in town with steel guitar.
Bob Brenner

Post  Posted 28 Jul 2016 2:36 pm     Branson Visit

Thanks for backing me up on this one Dean. See you at the Branson Steel Guitar Super Show!!
Norman Watson

Broken Arrow,Ok.
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2016 1:46 pm    

Also, thanks to Dean Holman for backing the steel show this weekend. He did a couple of great sets.