| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  SteelSeat Slimline with SideKick
Danny Hall

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2016 5:53 pm    

I have a pedal steel seat as described in the title. I doubt it's been sat on more than about an hour. It has the sidekick. I just didn't take to the instrument. I bought it to match more or less the MSA Classic Supersustain that I will list in a minute on this forum. It has been on a shelf covered with a plastic bag in my music room since I bought it.

The 2.5% donation will be made to Steel Guitar Forum. Shipping will be at cost without other handling fees etc. The seat will become property of the buyer when the shipper takes control of it. Local pickup in Sparks Nevada is good too.
If I recall I paid about $400 by the time it hit my door. I'll need $225 plus shipping.

Thanks
Dan

West Virginia
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2016 1:50 am    

I will take it. How would you like payment?
Danny Hall

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2016 6:21 am    

Robert Murphy wrote:
I will take it. How would you like payment?
Let's do this via PM if that's OK Robert. USPS postal money order.

Thanks
Danny

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2016 9:47 am     Back on Market

Back on the market:

Robert apparently can't afford the shipping. It does seem high for his location. It fits into an 18 x 18 x 26 inch box and weighs 34lbs all up.

I'm in 89436 zip

See what it'll cost and let me know.

Danny

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2016 12:46 pm     seat

Hi Danny:
I sent you a couple PM's, with a little idea, maybe it could work.
I too was very interested because it is red. But the shipping cost is awful for some reason.
Dick
Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2016 1:23 pm    

Guys take it to the Post Office as they will ship up to 75 Pounds. FEd-EX will take your pocket book if you ship with them. With USPS or UPS which is a lot cheaper. Fed EX ripped me off. A friend sent me a Amp and it cost him Around $50.00 and I then shipped it back to him and Fed Ex. charged me $125.00. You figure it out..I sold my seat to a Gentle man out in Oregon and I sold it to him for $400.00 and they wanted $351.00 to send it. I was only going to get $49.00 for it so I called him and he said He would straiten it out with Fed Ex and he payed $35.00 for me to send it and he payed the Shipping.He has a realtor Buissness See what a rip off Fed EX is.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Danny Hall

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2016 1:33 pm    

I've been using the on-line calculator to get prices. I just wonder if I pack it up and take it down to Postal Annex for a quote if it will come out better. The on-line USPS calculator was identical to Fed-Ex. UPS was higher.

I think Robert got so discouraged about it he run off before we could figure a way to work it out.

I do agree though Sam that past experience with USPS has been better. We'll figure it out.

Danny

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2016 2:16 pm     seat

Danny:
In my old age I sent 3 more PM's just to cover what I could have said in one.
Because I have an online store on ebay, I do an awful lot of shipping.
USPS online shipping calculator will tell you exactly what the charge will be when you go to the P O. I have an online USPS account, and it saves me nothing at all, just the convenience of printing postage at home, I think I could apply for a real discount if I were a bigger going concern.
shipping zones play a roll in costs also, as well as weight and size of course. But when I am trying to shave off expense in shipping something weight becomes more important than size.
If you have a business friend who will ship your well prepared box for you, he many times can save you quite a bit, especially with UPS. I found many times that FED ex price is good, but in my case I have to drive 110 mile round trip to send the package as there are no drop off stations nearby. I usually use the P O. but UPS has saved me big bucks in the past. Case in point, I shipped four antique pedal tractors, heavy hummers to Arizona from Montana. the quote was just over $430.00 retail. with a wholesale account it was reduced all the way down to approx $100.00. Major difference. again zones played a big role in this also.
Very rough but usually works out fairly well for my needs, I figure a dollar a pound to ship.
This spring I had the fortune to buy a perfect 614E Webb amp from a friend in Texas. He like me, can't really manhandle this heavier stuff anymore and finding boxes etc is a pain. He took it to the UPS store to let them prep and ship it.
Here is what they did. shipping was $100. shipping preparation was another $130.00. All UPS did, which was enough, was wrap the amp completely in bubblewrap 3 layers thick and put it in one single layer simple box. Lesson here for me was, please ask a neighbor teenager to come by, use my own darn bubblewrap, have the boy wrap and box it, pay him some cash and save a bunch if I can't box the item up myself.
3 wraps of bubble wrap and one box for $130 bucks spelled major profit here.
Dick
Danny Hall

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2016 2:51 pm    

Pending recipe of payment this here item is sold.

Thanks for all the interest
Danny

Reno,Nevada USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2016 6:02 pm    

Danny where do you live? I'm west of Pyramid hwy zip 89441. PM or email me through forum, I would like to meet you.
Duane