| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Electromuse - I Finally Found One
Larry Carlson

My Computer
Post  Posted 25 May 2016 7:06 am    

Ok, I know a lot of folks in here think these guitars are the spawn of the devil but............

I love these things. I like the slightly different tone which leans to a reso, sort of, and I like the lesser sustain.
I play a sq. neck reso a lot and this fits in to my musical leanings rather nicely.

I have been looking for over a year for one that hadn't been beat to death and was playable.
I found this not 90 miles from where I live. $200 later and it came home with me.
The only thing wrong with it is the tone pot doesn't work. No big deal and I can fix that the next time I change strings.
I made the mistake of changing strings as soon as I got it home.
The ones on it looked like they may have been put on when it was made.Rolling Eyes

It's weird. I searched the country for a year and I found it almost next door.
I promise I won't sit it next to any of the $3000 psg's in here or even make anyone touch it.
I am just kind of thrilled I finally have one of my own now. Mr. Green
It fits rather nicely on my super custom $60 lap steel stand I think.Very Happy
Everyone have a good day.

Sometimes it doesn't.
But I keep on trying.
Martin Curnan

Lihue, Kauai
Post  Posted 25 May 2016 10:54 am     Electromuse

An Electromuse was my first steel guitar back in 1964 and sat in a closet for 10 years while I was playing rock and roll. Since then over the years I bought three more. The price has always been between $50 and $125. It's a a great starter for those who want to learn plus they're vintage.. I still use them when I'm too lazy to set up my Fender. I will always have an Aloha for an Electromuse.
Martin Curnan

Lihue, Kauai
Post  Posted 25 May 2016 11:06 am     Eddie Palama

Eddie Palama tried out my Electromuse at an evening jam session at to 2015 Maui Steel Guitar Festival. He made it sound great.
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 25 May 2016 11:27 am    

Here's an entry to an Electromuse topic from back in 2010 sometime. This little guitar sounds pretty good and plays just fine in spite of the additions. The fretboard is hand lined and stickered under the transparent lexan and the body is gold sparkle paint. I don't know who did all the
"custom" work, but I imagine it is an improvement over the original scratched up finish.

I didn't need it or even want it, for that matter but the estate gave me such a deal on a D10 that I took this one too just because.

A drummer buddy is always raggin' me about the stickers, so I just keep puttin' 'em on there just for him. Laughing

The main thing is you can play a lot of music on it. Enjoy!

Jerry Overstreet wrote:
Yes, the bridge def looks the same as this old EMU. The headstock does not, but coulda been modded I guess. Yours doesn't have the custom added K1 grandkid treatment however. Laughing

FWIW, this one has a 23" scale. A lot of these things had no identifying labels other than the Electromuse script on the Eye-Beam pickup which is the case with my piece of art here. Winking

Larry Carlson

My Computer
Post  Posted 25 May 2016 12:22 pm    

Jerry Overstreet wrote:

Hmmm........that's definitely interesting........... Mr. Green
Sometimes it doesn't.
But I keep on trying.
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2016 7:26 pm    

I did a birthday party for a friend of mine's Mom this afternoon. Since I'm "between" pedal steels, I elected to take this one as a main instrument along with an amplified mandolin.

I hadn't played it for some time and normally use open G or D but lately I've been doing a lot of dobro practice so I tuned it to hi G or dobro G.

I use an old Silvertone 1482 with a Boss SE70 in front for slide, guitar and other instruments with patches set for a variety of sounds.

We played everything from Hank Williams to Jr. to Clapton. I used a clean patch with a little verb and delay for the country stuff and edgier ones with a little bite for the rock and blues. Little guitar sang quite nicely through it all and was well received by the party goers and the band.

I wrote all that to reinforce what I wrote earlier in this thread about enjoying playing a lot of music on it.

I hope you are enjoying yours.
Larry Carlson

My Computer
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2016 8:04 pm    

Jerry Overstreet wrote:

I wrote all that to reinforce what I wrote earlier in this thread about enjoying playing a lot of music on it.

I hope you are enjoying yours.

Yes sir I am enjoying it very much.
Getting used to it a bit and it is tuned to open G at the moment.
Picked up a new Fender amp last week and it sounds wonderful played through it.
Got it dialed in where I really like it.
I know not everyone likes them but I am having a blast.
Sometimes it doesn't.
But I keep on trying.