| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lap Steel Yard Sale
Samuel Bilyeu

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2016 12:53 pm    

I am cleaning house! The lap steels I am selling, are ones I acquired over the years for (what I considered at the time) good deals. I intended to restore, modify or just tinker with these, but I have come to the realization that I will never have the free time to do these justice. None of these items are in perfect shape. Some need more work than others, some need to have changes done by previous owners undone. In a few instances, I have begun these repairs. Please let me know if there is any interest. In the interest of space, I will keep the descriptions brief, but PM me if you need more details.

1)?1930s Radiotone acoustic---$85. Needs new strings. No case or tuning key.

2)1950s black pearloid Supro Student Special--$125. Pickup has been professionally repaired. A few screws missing. Replaced output jack needs rewiring. Includes original flimsy case (not pictured)

3)Rondo/SX lap steel-$85. Bridge, cavity covers have been non-professionally replaced. Tuners have been replaced/upgraded. Includes original bridge and P-bass bridge cover. Nice OHSC.

4)?1940s Regal squareneck acoustic--$90. Cosmetic issues. Needs new nut and bridge insert. Bone blanks for these are included. Comes with non-original case.

5)Rogue Jersey Lightning--$120. Rogue badge fell off. Includes soft case and chrome bridge cover.

6)Recent Recording King lap steel--$120. Pickup has been replaced with a Kent Armstrong P90. The original pickup will also be included. Includes tight fitting gig bag.

7)1930s Epiphone Electar Model M.--$275. As bad as it may look now, it was in much worse shape when I got it. Most importantly the horseshoe pickup sounds great. The pickup was restored by Tom Brantley and IMO sounds better than the one in my 30s bakelite Ric. I simply don't have the time or energy to properly restore this instrument. I had considered taking the pickup and putting it in a custom built instrument but I can't do that to a vintage steel. Tuners are modern Grover repros. Included gig bag.

Cool?1930-40s Supertone--$180. Doesn't need much work done. Wiring to output jack probably needs to be redone. A bent tuning peg. Case is in rough shape. Pickup professionally restored by Tom Brantley. This guitar has a unique sound.

Please let me know if interested. Would consider trades/partial trades, but I really just need to free up some space. I will throw in a surplus tone bar from my stash with each steel purchased. I am setting shipping for each guitar at $30 (CONUS only). If it is significantly less than this to ship, than I will refund some of the amount, if it is more, I will just eat the extra. I will accept Paypal only as a payment method. Thanks for looking,
Sam
Lee Holliday

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 7 May 2016 10:24 pm    

Hello I am interested in the Electar.

PM Sent.

Lee
Ronald Rush

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2016 6:22 am     Electar

I am also interested in Elecra if Lee doesn't buy it
Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 11 May 2016 6:08 am    

The Radiotone looks interesting. Is that an early resonator?
Looks like it might take a drum key to tune. Would a tuning hammer work?

(I'd say the Electar doesn't look bad, it looks bad, like tone to the bone.)
Samuel Bilyeu

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2016 1:13 pm     Lap Steel Yard Sale

5/11 update: All have sold except for the Regal and Rogue. Let me know if anyone is interested in these.