| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Quilter Steelaire Leg-mount Controller
Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2016 8:58 am    

I'm thinking of picking one of these up. Is it possible to play thru ch1 and ch2 together using this ? I always run my steel thru both channels for more volume, but it seeems like the option with the controller is either 1 or 2 and not both. Can someone confirm ? also any feedback on how useful you find the controller would be helpful. I am mainly thinking of picking one to control the trem on the amp and also for the boost feature. thanks.

Springtown Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2016 2:55 pm    

Yes you can play through both channels and it does give you more power.

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2016 4:21 pm    

The tremolo is there for lead guitarists, and is only of limited use on the steel. I use it occasionally, when I'm playing single notes on the bass strings. It augments those low cello-like tones beautifully. But it's like a habanero chili pepper. A very little bit goes a very long way.

I have a Dunlop Q-zone "fixed wah" stomp box hard wired into the effects loop, which give a Dobro-like sound. Flip the switch, and I have an instant pedabro.

It's not as good as a Match-bro or Tom Bradshaw's reso pedal, but both of these require 18 volts, and the loop is wired for only 9. The one change to the amp I would recommend would be to make the power to the loop switchable between 9 and 18 volts.

The Q-zone pedal has been discontinued, but you can often find one on E-bay. There's one there right now.
Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2016 6:29 pm    

Cool thanks, yeah I am playing with a singer songwriter and have found a very cool effect I can get on PSG using an ebow, distortion pedal and tremolo. Kind of a jet airplane sound. But I will only be using it on one song. Trying to decide if it's worth getting the leg mount for or just picking up a cheap tremolo stomp box. I don't want to be getting up and adjusting knobs on the amp while on stage.