| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bruce Zumsteg...Customer Service
Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2004 4:37 pm    

I have to let everyone know of Bruce Zumsteg going beyond the call of duty for me. Johnny Cox was working on my '79 Zum and was short a pullrod. I called Bruce Wednesday and asked if he could send me a pullrod for my LNL. As you all know, Bruce is one of the busiest builders in the business and to stop and custom cut and drill a pull rod is not really a big priority ($10 deal). I was getting ready to head to Canada for the Mid Canada Steel Guitar Convention sponsored by Wayne Link and was prepared to play without the pedal change because it was too late.

Friday when I recieved my mail, there was a package from Zum Steel with the custom built pull rod and the decal. I could not believe it...we originally thought a couple of weeks and here it arrived on the second day so I could get it put on for the Canadian trip Monday (today)! Not only does he make one of if not the best all around steel guitar (IMHO), but his commitment to helping his Zum family is incredible. I still am surprised by Bruce "going the extra mile" to help me. Thank you sooo much Bruce!!
Jeff Lampert

queens, new york city
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2004 5:07 pm    

I've had the exact same experience when I needed a part. Bruce is just great.

------------------
[url=http://www.mightyfinemusic.com/jeff's_jazz.htm]Jeff's Jazz[/url]
John Hawkins

Onalaska, Tx. on Lake Livingston * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2004 5:51 pm    

Bill,

I can understand why Bruce was so prompt on this particular 1979 Zum !! He knows, as you and I do , what the history is behind this praticular Zum guitar . TS told me you just could not do with out it so you $$$ it back .

I still have not taken up enough $$ to help you pay for the second upgrade Johnny Cox is doing on that guitar . Still trying !! ( ha ha )

You are correct in your statment about Bruce ! He has and always will be , a great guy to talk to and call on for his help . He will always personally talk to you and give his expert help and advise to who ever calls . Also as you said , he builds one fine steel guitar . I have been playing one since the date on yours' and have nothing but great service from them .

I want to wish you a good and safe trip way up there in Canada for your gig . Break a leg !!!!

Regards,
John OR-- ( aka -according to TS Jack )
Morton Kellas

Chazy, NY, USA 1
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2004 8:19 am    

I have to go along that. Bruce is second to none. Always has been and always will be.
FRANK MARIANO

PENSACOLA FL
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2004 6:14 pm    

Bruce has been top of all. He just sent back my second Zum I had Him work on(new set up) Yes It took 3 months for a little work but It was worth every min. to wait. I have played all the top steels in the world and Bruce puts all to shame for service and perfection. Ask any ZUMBODY.