| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pro III ShoBud
Mike Wilkerson

Luther Oklahoma
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2015 11:43 am    

I have read a few and wrote a couple of posts about the Pro III Sho-Bud. In my experience with mine I feel I have a home run with her. 8x4 brand new nylon tuners and copedant change to Day setup done by Mickey Adams. I replaced strings last month and since that time I have not had to go to my tuner one time. This is a monumental step for me as I was always tuning my previous guitar. Everything on this guitar is solid no movement or loose parts just a very dependable guitar which now I can concentrate on improving my craft and not worrying or concerned if something is gonna break or come loose. Most of all I love the tone I am getting. Well that is all and everyone have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.... Slim

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2015 12:02 pm    

Mike, you have a wonderful instrument, nothing will sound or play better then good Sho~Bud ... Sho~Bud is a guitar for a life time, and with some TLC will play for many years to come...enjoy it

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2015 3:52 pm    

good solid axe, slim. should last you until you get better than lloyd green!
Mike Wilkerson

Luther Oklahoma
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2015 4:34 pm    

chris ivey wrote:
good solid axe, slim. should last you until you get better than lloyd green!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Chris thanks for the kind words but I probably wont achieve his success...Slim

Bowling Green Kentucky
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2015 6:23 am    

Hey Mike,
Rumor has it , that even people from way up North enjoy Pro III's.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2015 10:21 am    

I would give my left hand pinky finger to have one.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Mike Wilkerson

Luther Oklahoma
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2015 2:27 pm    

Here is Red... Slim

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2015 9:45 am     Pro III

Boy these posts just re-enforce my excitement. I have bought Tony Prior's Pro III and I just know that I got a real jewel of an instrument coming. I have 3 very nice SD-10's that I enjoy. I am graduating to this Pro III D-10 so I can also move my lap steel C6th playing on to the C6th neck.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dick
Mike Wilkerson

Luther Oklahoma
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2015 4:55 pm    

lets bump it and keep this thread going... Slim

Luther Oklahoma
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2015 4:56 pm     Re: Pro III

Dick Chapple Sr wrote:
Boy these posts just re-enforce my excitement. I have bought Tony Prior's Pro III and I just know that I got a real jewel of an instrument coming. I have 3 very nice SD-10's that I enjoy. I am graduating to this Pro III D-10 so I can also move my lap steel C6th playing on to the C6th neck.
Dick
Dick have you got your Pro III yet?Slim

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2015 6:39 pm     My Sho-bud Pro III

Hi Slim:
Yes, I have it set up tuned and it is fantastic.
It is every bit as nice as Tony said it is and more.

I have 4 beautiful pedal steels and I like every one of them and they all play and sound nice. All four I have bought from very trustworthy men of their word through SGF.

The very first ever pedal steel I saw was in a music store in about 1975 or 76 was a black beauty of a Sho-Bud Pro II or III. I was impressed but could not come close to affording it then. Had I bought that one then and it sounded like this, well I can tell you I would still have it and eventually I would have had two.

I am always looking for other horse traders, who knows, if I were to find another like this, I would be trying to do some trading for it.
Like many of us in my age bracket of 74, I never have any cash, but tons of toys to trade or sell and can usually sell enough toys to buy a different one fairly easily and quickly.

Dick

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2015 1:35 am    

Dick acquired the Pro III that I restored earlier this year. Wonderful instrument. 8+4, stock single coils ( not dual coils) 2 up 1 down changer, two hole pullers with brass swivels. I had as much fun taking this Steel apart and bringing it back to life as I did playing it !

My friend Dick has a great playing and sounding 1975 Sho Bud with less than 5 hours playing time on the refurbish !

And of course, the only reason I sold it was for another acquisition and trust me, I will have another Pro II or III up here in the RumbleRoom soon, I love the ones that are 100% in tact but need cleaning and refurb . My kind of project.

Enjoy !

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Mike Wilkerson

Luther Oklahoma
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2015 9:55 am    

Tony Prior wrote:
Dick acquired the Pro III that I restored earlier this year. Wonderful instrument. 8+4, stock single coils ( not dual coils) 2 up 1 down changer, two hole pullers with brass swivels. I had as much fun taking this Steel apart and bringing it back to life as I did playing it !

My friend Dick has a great playing and sounding 1975 Sho Bud with less than 5 hours playing time on the refurbish !

And of course, the only reason I sold it was for another acquisition and trust me, I will have another Pro II or III up here in the RumbleRoom soon, I love the ones that are 100% in tact but need cleaning and refurb . My kind of project.

Enjoy !
That is a pretty Pro III mine too is a 1975 2 up 1 down 8x4 Day set-up... I appreciate all yall's comments and I am proud to be a part of the Pro III family....Slim

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2015 9:59 am    

I sure enjoy my ProIII. I have the standard Emmons setup on the E9 neck, and a Cajun G on the C6 neck. I use it for Cajun gigs, and my Carter for other genres.
Rickenbacher B6
3 Resonator guitars
Asher Alan Akaka Special SN 6
Canopus D8
Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2015 10:44 am     Pro III

With my quest to actually play C6th immediately, I have Doug Beaumier's 1st 2 C6th lap song books which really got me going again about 3 years ago, and started playing those songs on the C6th neck. I found spots where I can use pedal 6 and 7 just from playing Doug's arrangements.

And I have two good lessons from Tony Prior that I am going to work on now too.
Last night I just played for 2 hours whatever was in front of me and sometimes drift around just to hear the sound of this Bud.

The noises I am making is music to my ears, my two cats leave the room right away though as soon as I sit down behind the guitar. Whoa! Whoa!
Jim Lindsey (Louisiana)

Greenwell Springs, Louisiana (deceased)
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2015 9:06 pm    

I like those Pro III guitars, Mike ... Dale Rottacker, who has my old 1990 Mullen, has a beautiful Pro III. I never knew how big they were till he sent me this shot of the Pro III and the '90 Mullen together.

ProCo RAT R2DU Dual Distortion - Korg DT-1 Pro Tuner (Rack Mounted) - Furman PL-8 Power Bay
Goodrich Match-Bro by Buddy Emmons - BJS Steel Bar (Dunlop Finger Picks / Golden Gate Thumb Picks)
J.C. Norris

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2015 1:05 am     Sho-Bud Pro III 'S

Those are beauties my friends!! Played an LDG for several years, then a pro III for a long time I bought from Herbie Wallace. These threads sure make me miss them. I now play an Emmons PP, but I really miss the Buds. Wish I could have combined the qualities of the Emmons with the pro III. Great guitars guys, my hat's off to you & 'OL Shot !!