| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Issue with my Hilton volume pedal
baxter vaughan

Lubbock, Texas 79424
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2015 10:01 am    

I seemed to have developed an issue with my Hilton pedal. It works fine till I plug my boss delay into it. Then...nothing...no volume at all. I contacted Keith Hilton & he told me change out the chords. I have a newer photocell Goodrich & an old sho bud pedal &'everything works fine with them. I've tried different chords, power supply, & even different delay pedals. Nothing...does anyone have suggestions? It's been a great pedal. It's about 8 years old. Got it from Jerry Roller. Thanks in advance...baxter
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2015 10:39 am    

Logic would say its either a cord or the boss delay.
Assuming you are not accidentally connecting the delay to the out instead of in (if you are connecting the delay between the guitar out and the volume pedal in).
Didi Waechtler

Gelnhausen, Hessen, Germany
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2015 11:35 am     Hilton Pedal ..no signal

I had same Problem. It was the power supply. I bought a new one and the Hilton was back to life Smile
baxter vaughan

Lubbock, Texas 79424
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2015 2:43 pm    

Thanks for the replies. Jack, I guess we can throw logic out the window. As I stated in the original post, 2 different delay pedals, chords Hooked up the same way with my Goodrich LDR & sho bud pedal work fine. Just not with my Hilton. I have a brand new power supply for my Hilton, but the same outcome. Oh Well
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2015 3:24 pm    

According to your post it works OK without the delay pedals connected. Thus there has to be something going on with the delay pedals or cords.

Are the pedals connected BEFORE or AFTER the volume pedal? If you are connecting them before the volume pedal, connect them after the pedal and see what happens.
Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2015 7:13 pm    

Make sure you're not using TRS ('stereo') cords... the Boss requires a TS (tip-sleeve, 'normal') cord to turn itself on... not sure if the Hilton requires any special arrangement, it shouldn't, since it's not a battery device. That's all I've got.

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2015 8:33 pm    

Send me the boss delay with it's power supply, the connecting cord you are hooking the delay into the input of the Hilton pedal, and the Hilton pedal. Hook the connection cord you have been using between the output of the delay and the input of the Hilton pedal. That way I will see how you are connecting the delay and pedal. Include $12.65 return shiping and I will figure out what the problem is. Defective guitar cords fool pedal. You can make a defective guitar cord work at times just by touching it, let alone by unplugging something and plugging something else in. Also, you can make a defective power cord work just by touching it, let alone by unplugging something and plugging something else in. I probably have around 20,000 guitar peals out in use with boss delays connected in some way to them.
baxter vaughan

Lubbock, Texas 79424
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2015 10:41 am    

Thank you Keith & everyone else for your replies. Keith, I'm going to hit the music
Store tomorrow & get some new patch chords. If that doesn't work I will do as you
Requested. It has been a fantastic pedal, a real work horse. I wish each & all a very
Wonderful thanksgiving.