| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Pedal Steel Jam Session
Ken Hoyt

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2015 11:04 am    

The Oklahoma City Pedal Steel Guitar Group will be having our jam session November 21, 2015. This will be our last jam session for this year. We will start around 10:00 am and go until---.
The jam session will be at the same place as always, the Country & Western Museum located at 3925 SE 29th, Del City, OK.
What isn’t the same is we will have a special guest—Mr. John Buffington Jr. According to Mr. Buffington he is “just an average "Joe" who likes to hack around on a steel guitar and is by no means a "celebrity" just a weekend warrior who has a fascination with this wonderful amazing God given instrument. However, we all know what a tremendous instrumentalist he is. In fact, John has CDs available. One of them it titled “God’s Country” which is superb.
Just an added note, we have also invited some other great players. It should really be a great jam session.
We welcome all who wish to hear some great music to come and join us for a wonderful time.

See Ya

Ken
Leroy Wood

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2015 9:51 pm    

Thanks, Ken, for posting about our next JAM that will be the last one for the year.

The purpose of our JAM in addition to playing pedal steel guitar and sharing our knowledge (love for) the instrument, is fellowship and friendship with old frinds and not so old. We have lost two such good friends, Gene Jones and Joel McClung. Both men were fine musicians and are greatly missed. Our prayers Go out to the families. We also include in our prayers some of our number that have medical problems and are still recovering.

I am so glade John Buffington is coming.

Leroy Wood.
Leroy Wood

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2015 8:23 am    

I am also GLAD that John is comming.

Leroy
Lorren White

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2015 9:47 am     Oklahoma City November 21 Jam

If you want excitement just consider our Okla. City jam. You just don't know who might show up as one day "The" Randy Beavers sent an email that hew would be in town. Now we have same type excitement, when "The" John Buffington, Jr. letting me know that he had been wanting to attend our jam. Such great news when he said he had a November opening.

John has been great friend one who lives a Christian life to the fullest always giving credit to his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. No wonder God gave him his talent to master the instrument we so love.

We want to make John welcome so come out and join us for another one of Okla. City's exciting jam time!
Mike Wilkerson

Luther Oklahoma
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2015 8:51 pm    

I will try and make it Leroy has been encouraging me to come to the jam I am a shy steel player and don't want to embarrass myself as I have been playing again for about 3 years. Slim

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2015 9:08 am    

ttt
Lorren White

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2015 7:19 pm     Oklahoma Steel Guitar Jam

ttt
Leroy Wood

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2015 8:49 pm    

ttt one more time please.
Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2015 9:25 pm    

I will do my best to make it Saturday. I always enjoy the fellowship and love the good old country music we play!
Leroy Wood

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2015 12:49 pm    

Thanks Kenny

we all hope you can make it Saturday, and we understand your tight schedule.

For you folks that don't know Kenny, he is a pro Steel and Dobro player in the Mountain Smoke band going back to the start of Vince Gill. Kenny is also a nice guy to share his many years of experence and musical knowledge. He also adds so much to our JAMs.

Leroy Wood
Nathan Guilford

Oklahoma City
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2015 3:32 pm     I'll be there!

Certainly nobody is coming to see me Very Happy but I'm excited to play (and learn a few new tricks) as always!

Nathan
Wayne Morton

Tishomingo, Okla
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2015 5:20 pm    

Wish I could be there, sounds like fun.

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2015 5:06 pm    

A very large thank you to everyone at the OKC jam. John III and I had an awesome time with a bunch of super fine folks and heard some great playing and had the pleasure of meeting some new friends. Thank you again for the invitation. We're looking forward to our next visit with them. Great location and backup band. We really had a wonderful time with everyone. Thanks to Lorren, Leroy and all the guys for the fellowship.
Lorren White

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2015 7:58 am     Past Oklahoma City JAM

To say the least, our jam was not a disappointment to those who attended from the attendees to the players. It just seemed that each player wanted to show our guest that they too would like to follow in his footsteps. Yes, John was his usual self showing his gratitude to those who played giving credit to his higher power. John, you along with your son John III, well be welcome anytime your schedule allows.

We welcomed a new player, Den McCoy who showed himself to be a good picker of the strings. Leroy said it only took three years to get him to show. Dean, we hope you will return. This applies to your ten year old daughter, who sang a few songs.

Just a big thanks to our leader Leroy Wood for his time in making sure our jams will be enjoyed by all who attend and the time it takes to make sure we have a back up band worthy of all that play. Too, thanks to our singer Hutch, whom we wear out before the day is over. See you in January!!!