| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Met Tony Martinez tonight
Marty Broussard

Broussard, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2015 10:23 pm    

Met a fine gentleman and his son tonight while working a show around McAllen, Tx. He played a Pro-1 through a Nv400. So good to meet folks like him.

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2015 9:17 am    

Tony is a great guy and very talented. He sings, plays guitar, pedal steel guitar, and button accordion.

A couple of decades ago I played in a little 4-piece band he fronted. We did a mix of old country songs and Mexican songs. When we were doing the country songs, he played guitar and I played pedal steel guitar. When we played Mexican songs, he would switch to accordion and I would switch to guitar. At a lot of gigs, I would be the only Gringo in the house! We had lots and lots of fun back then. I really enjoyed playing with him.

I'm sorry you and I weren't able to meet up Saturday. You will be happy to know that my mesquite-grilled chicken turned out really, really good. Chicken tacos and fresh guacamole Saturday evening. Mmmmmmm. Chicken quesadillas Sunday. I'm having leftovers for lunch right now.

Lee, from South Texas