| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thanks to Mike Brown and the service center at Peavey!
Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2015 7:14 pm    

I wanted to take a moment to say thanks to Mike Brown and the folks at the service center at Peavey, specifically Jimmy and Laura.

Several weeks ago I messaged Mike about the possibility of getting 2 old LTD 400's refurbished. He was quick to respond with good news that they absolutely could be brought to factory spec and made like new. One is a 1976 and the other a 1979. They are my all-time favorite Peavey steel amps. I won't discuss price, but it was VERY reasonable.

On Oct. 19th, right before closing time, I dropped them off at the service center in Meridian. Today they arrived back on my porch via UPS.

I'm trying to think of any items, musical or otherwise, of that age that could be taken to the manufacturer and completely gone through and made as new. My hat is off to Peavey for their continued support of their customers. I cannot describe my appreciation.

Mike, thank you, and give Jimmy and Laura my thanks, and give them some good marks on their performance reviews!
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2015 10:01 pm     amps

My favorite amp is the NV-400. Good folks at Peavey in Meridian, MS. I've never had to take anything to Peavey for repairs but I'll do it in a heartbeat, if needed. I believe if something performs as it should then that's usually what I purchase or trade for. My first new amp for steel was a Peavey Classic with two 12" speakers in the early seventies. After that, I bought a new Peavey Ltd. amp for steel. Next, I bought two new Session 500's. From the 500 era, I started using Session 400's and then the NV-400 amps. I also purchased five or six NV-112's. My favorite and go to amp is a NV-400 w/15" NEO speaker. I also carry a backup amp when I go play somewhere. It's a bass cabinet with the 15" BW speaker and it's pushed by a GB200 small power amp. I'd like to have a Fender Twin w/15" speaker but the weight and price stops me from doing that. Almost forgot, I also purchased two Fender Steel Kings from the Carter folks when they were in business. Had problems with the Emeinance(? spelling) speakers in both FSK's. Replaced those w/15" BW Peavey speakers and the amps sounded really good then. Ok, I've rattled on enough about amps and no I don't have any endorsements to use certain items from anyone. I have certain people I purchase different things from that are out of state. I'm yet to have any problems at all that way. The new Peavey amp that's coming whenever PV releases it, I'll order from Gary Sill, more than likely.
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2015 10:36 pm    

Mike I'm so glad you got my 1979 LTD all fixed up like new.
Don't bather shipping it to me, I'll pick it up when I come to visit for a few, or more days. Mike, your the bestest buddy a feller could have. Very Happy I love ya man.
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2015 10:28 am    

wow! ...billy carr
a pv classic
ltd 400
2 session 500s
some session 400s
some nv 400s
6 nv 112s

boy, i saved alot of money. i bought one ltd 400
over 35 years ago and still use it!
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2015 7:40 pm     amps

Wish I had just kept one amp all those years but I was able to sell/trade different things to pay for new toys. Now at 58, I tend to hang onto things and don't sell/trade very often. Chris, you are correct by keeping equipment, as you mentioned. Wish I had done that but I guess priorities change with age.