| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tommy White in Ohio
Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2015 11:36 am    

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to let you know that Mr Tommy White will be playing with THE WHITES on October 17th at the Ohio Valley Opry.
The Opry is located in McConnelsville Ohio. About 30 minutes south of Zanesville and about the same North from Marrietta. For more info contact www.ohiovalleyopry.com .What a great opportunity to hear and meet not only The Whites but the iconic Mr Tommy White. Hope to see you there.
RT
Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2015 1:45 pm    

Hey Rick -

When they're done in Ohio, would you send them on over to Illinois? Smile
Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2015 2:52 pm    

LOL... I'll see what I can do.
Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2015 1:39 pm    

Hi Rick,
We are all really looking forward to the visit! I've heard so many nice things about the theatre, you and the band.
See you Saturday! Smile
Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2015 7:24 am    

Hi Tommy. SO EXCITED to see and hear you again. The Whites always bring the finest musicians with them .
I've been getting quite a few emails from other steel players who are also T white fans that plan on attending. We should have a good showing of pickers .
See ya Saturday.
David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2015 3:19 pm    

Tommy...Pleased to read that you are once again working with the 'The Whites'. Recently came across a VHS recording that I made from a TV performance some twenty odd years ago featuring you with the group. The music was great then and I feel certain that this show will be every bit as enjoyable, (disappointed that I will be unable to attend).
Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2015 6:40 pm    

I won't forget seeing Tommy playing with the Whites on the televised Opry - not knowing then who anyone was (and before I'd had the pleasure of meeting Tommy in person) I naturally assumed that he was a part of the family!

His playing was stellar (this was maybe twenty years ago?) and it slowly dawned on me that THIS was the same Tommy White who had made that old Emmons LP '....Aged 15' all those years earlier.

Boy, do I wish I was in Ohio for this?! Have a great gig, and I hope everyone travels safely.
Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2015 11:33 am    

WOW !!!
If you missed the show you missed a great performance by not only the Whites, but Tommy White as well !

It was an amazing opportunity to hear Tommy soloing on every tune for 2 hours !!! No lead guitar. Just Tommy trading with Buck White on piano and mandolin, which was great as well considering he'll be 85 in December!

We all know Tommy is one of the top players in the world. But to witness his mastery over an extended period of time was UNBELIEVABLE ! There were times where he didn't even look at the guitar. Making seem effortless, even boring at times. Seriously! He'd play for 4-8 measures, never looking at the fretboard. And playing his tail off. Not ho-hum licks,JAMMING!

Needless to say, I was amazed,impressed and inspired to say the least. And if that wasn't enough, he's a super humble,kind supportive person. No wonder the Whites love having him in there band whenever they can. He's a perfect compliment to there sound and personalities. I can't remember ever working with more real, down to earth loving people than the Whites. They truly live what they sing. There faith is not a Sunday only thing . It is there life.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Eddy Bell on drums. Rock steady and a prince of a man. The kind of guy who listens when you talk to him and genuinely cares. Even though he's talked to millions of folks at events and heard the same stories from so many. He has a heart of gold.

SO... If you get a chance to see the Whites with Tommy EVER , Don't miss it !