| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Looking for polish or cleaner for ny Emmons E9
Lyle DeHart

Antigo, WI USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2015 6:57 am    

About a year ago Mike Cass completely redone my 1972 Emmons push-pull steel guitar. He did a fantastic job and it looks like it just came off of the show room floor, and works great. Now about a year has passed and I would like to clean, polish, and make it look like a brand new penny agiain. Does anyone know of what would work well for this, and what type of cleaner and cloth to use for this. I don't want to use anything that might leave marks or do any damage in any way to this beautiful machine. It is formica, with an aluminum neck. I want to clean everything, the neck, the body, the fret board, the legs, etc. I called Mike and he suggested using a product called "Pure All". But the warning sounds like it is toxic, and I'm almost afraid to do any damage to the steel. I comes from an auto parts store on line and can only be purchased by the gallon and only on line. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much.
Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2015 7:43 am    

Sir, I'm surprised it would need any heavy duty cleaning after only a year. Unless you've played a lot of smokey bars or dusty outside gigs in direct or indirect sunlight. I've never cleaned mica. So no opinion there. Mothers Aluminum polish is non abrasive and should work well on non scratched polished aluminum.

I'm not comfortable second guessing Mike Cass. But many here are. So you'll get a lot of advice. Lynn Stafford is just one of several that turns out great looking rebuilds. Maybe he'll offer an opinion. Jerry Roller and Billy Knowels are also great go to guys.

b.