| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MSA Question
Justin Griffith

Taylor, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2004 9:04 pm    

I have a D-10 MSA Classic XL SS II Born in 1982.
The LKL lowers the 2nd and 9th string. I want the 2nd to go down a full step. My question is can I put a stop or something there to feel the second 1/2 tone in the second string or can I adjust the 9th string to start pulling right as the 2nd string reaches the 1/2 step? Sorry if I have confused anyone.

------------------
Justin Griffith
D-10 MSA Quadraverb GT Session 500
Harold Parris

Piedmont, Alabama USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2004 9:16 pm    

Justin, You can set the 9th string pull to start when you reach 1 step on the second. I think you put the brass bushing in the same hole on your finger. Set the ninth string stop for the pull you want. The second should go 1/2 step before the 9th pull engages. I hope I'm right on this. It's been a while since I set mine up. If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me. You will need the pulls in the finger hole fatherest from the guitar to get a two step change on the second string.
richard burton

Britain
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2004 10:18 pm    

A more accurate way (if you have spare holes in the fingers) is to use two rods on the 9th; one on lower, one on raise, off the same bellcrank. Set the 9th so that it activates exactly when the 2nd has dropped a half tone,using the lower pull rod, the push the lever right over and adjust the 9th up to pitch (C#) using the raise rod.