| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Looking for a picture of Maurice Anderson
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2015 5:31 pm    

Here is a screen shot from a video on Youtube, from a news story about the steel guitar, shot sometime around 1985. This is Maurice and Theresa Anderson on stage at ISGC, and I would like to have a good quality picture of Maurice playing this guitar. I am restoring this guitar and would like a picture of him playing it for my collection. If anyone has pictures taken of this show, I would be happy to pay for copies.

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2015 6:54 am    

Hope ya find it.....I have many of Maurice, color of guitar???
Will look for ya
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2015 11:15 am    

David, it's brown sunburst, and has a different changer support which is kind of visible in this picture.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2015 8:57 pm    

That was from a TNN video feature on ISGC, taped back in the day. I may have a copy on VHS or possibly DVD. But finding it may be a chore. Would probably be better than the screen shot you posted.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2015 3:06 pm    

Darvin, Jim Loesburg has tons of pictures on his web site. Might find something there.
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2015 3:28 pm    

Herb, that was from the Youtube video which wasn't very good quality to start with.

I'll check that out Larry, thanks for the tip.

I checked with Jim Nelligan, who has tons of pictures from the conventions, and he didn't think he had anything from this era.
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2015 7:54 am    

I'm still looking for this picture in case anyone happens to have one.
Alan Bidmade

Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2015 10:42 am    

Have a look at this photo recently posted on the british Steel Guitar Forum by member ken Byng, known to many US steelers.

http://www.thebritishsteeliessociety.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6927
Ben-Rom #017 'Lorelei', Guild D25, Epiphone 'Joe Pass', Roland 40XL, Hilton VP

First name Alan, but known as Nick
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2015 10:51 am    

Hi Alan, I saw that picture on Facebook, and it's not the one I'm looking for. I restored the guitar he's playing in the convention video and would like to have a good quality picture of him playing it to go along with the other information I have on the guitar, for my "MSA Museum".

Thanks

Last edited by Darvin Willhoite on 23 Jul 2015 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2015 9:07 am    

Perhaps one of the old Steel Guitarist or Steel Guitar World magazines might have a photo.

I'll take a look.

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2015 9:56 am    

That's a possibility Lee, when I pretty much quit playing a few years ago, I sold all of my old steel guitar magazines & newsletters. If you find anything, let me know.

Thanks
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2015 10:09 am    

Darvin Willhoite wrote:
... when I pretty much quit playing a few years ago...

Quit playing? Wait a minute... you mean it's optional??
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2015 10:32 am    

I guess quitting isn't optional, it only lasted about 6 months. It's an incurable disease.
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2015 10:36 am    

Darvin Willhoite wrote:
I guess quitting isn't optional, it only lasted about 6 months. It's an incurable disease.

Ok, now we're getting to the truth. See, I outed you, Darvin! Wink