| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dream gig at the Wortham/Robert Ellis tour
W. Van Horn

Houston, texas
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2015 10:02 pm    

I got to play a very cool gig tonight with Robert Ellis and Kat Edmonson at the Wortham center here in Houston. I have been seeing the nutcracker there every year since I was a kid! Truly a hometown dream. We're playing Moody theater tomorrow night in Austin, one of my favorite venus in the country. I'm lucky.

I wish I was doing the rest of the tour, but it wasn't in the cards. I do highly suggest checking this tour out, though. Robert will be playing with our freakishly talented guitar player Kelly Doyle. Lots of great duo arrangements.

Robert is "pushing the envelope" of country music, with his own writing and things like a heavily re-harmed version of "Chiseled in Stone" by Vern Gosdin - complete with baritone guitar, drum machines, and an Arturia mini-brute synth. Not to mention, Kat Edmonson is fantastic. So come see us in Austin tomorrow night, or go see Robert and Kelly in your town.

They -will- discuss steel guitar with you, as I have prepped them with countless hours of PSG nonsense. They know how to spell copedent. Kelly likes Emmons steels.

Here are the dates:
http://innocentwords.com/robert-ellis-announces-tour-with-kat-edmonson/
Spencer Cullum

Post  Posted 11 Feb 2015 3:25 am    

My man! My fav band and steel player

Dear forum...go listen to will van horn and kelly "on the tele" Doyle!!!
John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2015 3:35 am    

Geez Will:

I have seen you on the Forum, but never saw, or better still, heard you play until I stumbled upon the YouTube vid below of you with Robert Ellis and your band (Robert Ellis and the Boys??) playing the Americanafest last summer at Lincoln Center. Love what Robert Ellis does (this is my first introduction to his music and his bandmates) and what you do on your steel. Oh so tasty. So when will you be playing the Northeast and Vermont so I can catch you guys?

Check this show out everyone. Great, HQ video and sound. Will is great!

Tell us what you are playing that MSA thru if you get a chance Will. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jxa1nm67uw