| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Please Close.... Thanks Bob !
Ronnie Parker

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2015 6:53 pm    

Please Close.. Thanks Bob!

Last edited by Ronnie Parker on 4 Apr 2015 5:25 pm; edited 7 times in total
Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2015 9:28 pm    

I think Franklin fretboards are about the coolest with the Web pattern. I think the Franklin logo looks really cool too. Looks like this guitar is in excellent shape for it's age.
Ronnie Parker

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2015 12:40 pm    

Thanks Dean for your comment. This Guitar is in great shape for its age. I really don't know how to price it, Couple of my friends who are Steel Players said they would ask what i'm asking and i've had others tell me its not worth the price i'm asking. I saw a single neck sell for 8,000 not to long ago. Paul Sr told me he wasn't gonna build anymore but would service any of his Guitars long as his health would let him.. With him not building anymore it should give these Guitars a boost.

I welcome any comments you forum members have about these fine Guitars... Thanks
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2015 2:11 pm    

Comments? Careful what you ask for Confused

As astonishing as the $$ amounts have been for Franklins, I have no doubt what so ever that the people who pay this money know exactly what they want and have no regrets.

If a friend of yours advises you that you are asking too much, take it under consideration. If a stranger advises that, view it with EXTREME caution.

In my opinion, if you are not deeply stressed and in need of a quick sale, wait it out.
Ronnie Parker

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2015 3:14 pm    

Jon thanks for your comment! I'm in know big hurry to sale, the longer it takes to sell, the less likely I will want to sell it. I wouldn't want to take any less considering how great of shape it's in and knowing it's history. I didn't think I was to far off the mark on the price. Thanks again Jon for taking time to comment, it help's alot!
Chris Lucker

Los Angeles, California USA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2015 4:46 pm    

What pattern is that mica? It is very interesting?
Ronnie Parker

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2015 5:53 pm    

Chris looking down on top the guitar it looks like wood grain, more so than the front and back....
Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2015 6:49 pm    

It sort of looks like a darker shade of rosewood formica. Looks pretty!
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2015 2:35 am    

If you really want to sell it, talk to Paul (Sr). He told me he has a "long list of people willing to pay big $$" for a used Franklin. He told me if I ever wanted to sell mine (a late 81) to let him know.
Ronnie Parker

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2015 5:50 pm    

Thanks Jack, I'll give Paul a call if I don't get any buyers on the forum....
Ronnie Parker

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2015 1:52 pm    

I need to correct something I said about the single neck Franklin selling for 8,000 not to long ago.

The steel was priced for 8,000 and the last I saw it listed online it looked like the guy had sold it and I think he had a buyer but the owner decided to keep his guitar.... Don't want to say something that's misleading or incorrect.... Sorry!
Mike Holder

Alabama! Home of the great “Don Helms” & his singer “Hank Williams”!
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2015 9:46 am    

I had a D-10 ser#21 posted for $8000.00 that I withdrew, I think the old original franklin name plate like the one on the back of your guitar's a deterent to several buyers for some reason but I didn't want to change it to have it appear other than it was. I've owned 4 Franklin steels and they all compare equally with each other, " great instruments"!!
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2015 11:54 am    

My S/N 65, according to Paul (Sr), was the first one he used the "new" rounded Franklin logo nameplate (decal).
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2015 12:11 pm    

ronnie, i'd talk to paul senior and see if he's got a buyer who'll pay lots. maybe 15 grand. why not? try to get all you can . that's what selling steels is all about.
Ronnie Parker

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2015 11:47 am    

Hey Mike and Jack, Sonny Morgan bought this Steel new from Paul Sr in 84. The front Name plate should be the right one for the Steel. I put the one on the back cause I had it extra from Sonny and thought it would look cool there and it does! Could you or Jack tell me more about the name plate on the front if its the right one or not?
Ronnie Parker

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2015 1:08 pm    

Chris, I'm gonna leave it on the forum another week or so then call Paul and see if he can sell for me. I really wanted to give the guys on the forum a chance to buy it before I tried to sell anywhere else. Let your friends know about it be for it get's gone, As you know they hardly ever come up for sale.Plus this one is in excellent condition. Paul said so himself when I had him put knew fret boards on in January and add a up lever. He said he hadn't seen one any better to be the it's age in a long time. Thanks Chris..........!
Mike Holder

Post  Posted 23 Mar 2015 7:06 pm    

Ronnie; Judging by Jack's being the first at ser#65 & yours being #84 I'd say you have the correct plate on your Franklin.
Ronnie Parker

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2015 7:51 pm    

Thanks Mike for getting back with me. I'm with you, I think it's the correct one. I don't know why Sonny would have changed it if he did. Do you think I should take the one on the back off? It's there cause it's a extra Sonny gave me..........
Mike Holder

Post  Posted 23 Mar 2015 8:23 pm    

I'd leave it the way it is, it's a great guitar.
Ronnie Parker

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2015 8:42 pm    

Mike, I really appreciate the complement on my Steel! The same for all of you that's had good thing's to say about it...

Ronnie...
Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2015 6:45 pm     Great Man to Deal With!

Bought a amp From Ronnie It was better than Described! He is Very Honest to Deal With, Someday This Franklin Will be worth a Lot More than he is asking! Very Happy
Ronnie Parker

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2015 9:03 am    

Thanks Randy for the kind word! You were easy to deal with!
Jim Wilson

Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2015 9:49 am     Franklin's

Ronnie. Good looking guitar, I happen to have #83 a Black D-10 that I have had since it was new and yes your plate is the correct one.
I also have a newer Franklin a SD-10 kind of Red-Orange in color, Paul only made a few that color and I was lucky to get it about 6 yr ago.
Hope you are sure you really want to sell the one you have I would be asking at least what you are for my SD-10 if it were for sale.

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2015 11:17 am    

Hey Jim,

You do have good looking Guitar's according to your pic's. What i'm really impressed with on the Franklin's is how easy the pedal's and knee lever's are to use! It's amazing how it helped me with my over all playing when I starting playing my Franklin. Thank's Jim for your kind word's, surely you have a friend that would like to purchase a nice Franklin Guitar! If you would be so kind to pass the word it's for sale I would really appreciate it a bunch... Thanks for your comment...........

Ronnie