| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  for Reece Anderson info on MSA Cassic
Jack Shrader Sr

Columbus In. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2003 4:13 pm    

I just got a MSA Classic D-10 in and it is in MINT condition I mean theres not dings any where on the guitar it has supersustain pickups on it The owner purchased it here in Columbus In. in 1978 and he never played it it has been in a closet. it has never been worked on by anyone. the Ser.# 2C3004 and the sticker says that Bud Carter assembled it and Insp. it can you give me any more info on this Steel. it is just like it came from the factory I know I have played steel for 40 Yrs. thanks Jack
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2003 4:59 pm    

Hmmm...I'd have guessed 76.
Jeff A. Smith

Angola,Ind. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2003 5:51 pm    

My '76 S-10 is 1C5220. Do the D-10's and S-10's share the same sequence of numbers?
Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2003 6:25 pm    

Jack S....We appreciate your playing one of our guitars and welcome you to the MSA family.

MSA production records show serial number 2C-3004 to be a white formica double 10 which left the factory with 8 pedals and 2 knee levers. It was originally shipped to our distributor at the time,(CMI)located in Chicago, who then sold it to a music dealer.

Our tracking system however continued even after shipping it to our distributor by means of warranty cards MSA received from the eventual owner/customer.

I finally discarded the warrany cards well over a decade ago, which also means I kept them for about a decade before doing so.

Your guitar was born on July 19th 1974.

Thank you again for playing an MSA and for providing me the opportunity to be of assistance to you.