| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dupytren Finger Contraction Treatment
Willie Sims

PADUCAH, KY, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2014 10:14 am    

There was a topic a while back, discussing the effects of the fingers when what they couldn't be straightened out. I had the problem with my little finger on the right-hand, I had it straightened with a injection treatment with a new medicine on the market now. The name of the medicine is xiaflex , it's not cheap but worth it. If you have a problem with bent fingers check with an orthopedic doctor, it doesn't take long for the treatment although it does hurt. And it will hurt your pocketbook if you don't have insurance. You can get all the details on the new medicine and the treatment on the Internet just type in dupytren treatments. Hope this may help someone. Willie SIMS
Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2014 7:25 pm    

Thanks Willie, I've had it for about 15 years but it hasn't really bothered me too much. I'll look into this and ask the Doc about it. Thanks again.
Edward Meisse

Santa Rosa, California, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2014 2:28 pm    

That was my topic. Thanks, Willie. I opted against treatment based on the comments on that topic. But it sounds like things are improving. I am doing well for the time being however by switching to 6 strings (which seems to have had other benefits as well) and doing stretching exercises. I'm going to hold out as long as I can. With some luck, things will get better still.

PADUCAH, KY, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2014 8:02 am    

Edward I was advised to have my injection treatment because the doctor said it wouldn't get any better. The sooner you have the treatment the better the chances of improving. What I have read a bout dupytren contraction that it is inherited, even two of my children are beginning to see signs of it in their hands. The injection methods is a whole lot cheaper than the surgical procedure and a lot quicker recovery time check with an orthopedic surgeon see what they tell you. Hope that you get better Willie SIMS.