| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sold!
Edward Meisse

Santa Rosa, California, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2014 10:28 am    

The title says it all. The guitar is in mint condition. It has not even been played enough to fully break it in. I have it on consignment at Tall Toad Music in Petaluma, California. The contact there is Chris Miano. Phone is (707)765-6807. You can also make email contact through their web site at www.TallToadMusic.com. OHSC included. $650.00. They are opened 10:30 am till 7:00 pm pst Monday through Thursday. They close at 6:00 pm on Saturday and are open 11:30 am till 6:00 pm on Sunday. Pictures coming soon.

Last edited by Edward Meisse on 25 Oct 2014 9:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Edward Meisse

Post  Posted 9 Oct 2014 11:42 am    

You can get an idea of what these look like and how they're built in the meantime at Gregg's website- http://mckennaresonatorguitars.com/. My guitars are both birch models.

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2014 4:39 pm    

Seems like poor form to offer a guitar for half of what the maker is selling them for, then use his website to sell the same guitar when he has one for sale on his web site. Don't you think?
BB
Edward Meisse

Post  Posted 10 Oct 2014 10:13 am    

No. I'm a big supporter of Gregg McKenna's guitars. I'm only selling my 8 strings because I can no longer play them due to hand problems. Somebody will buy this low priced 8 string tricone at my price and become a McKenna fan as a result. I think that though it might prolong the sale process for the guitar Gregg currently has for sale, it will be good press for him in the long run, not to mention that even in the short run, it will increase traffic to his site. BTW, did I mention that Gregg was the only builder other than Beard to have a link on the Mike Auldridge web site? BTW again, also included with this guitar are two sets of G6 tuning Beard strings and the Mike Auldridge basic 8 string instruction video.

Last edited by Edward Meisse on 12 Oct 2014 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom Margulies

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2014 5:00 pm    

Hey Ed,

For my enlightenment could you describe the sonic differenced between the single and tri cone 8 string resonators?

Thanks,
Edward Meisse

Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 2:34 pm    

Gregg McKenna's single cone guitar, if that is the one you're asking about, has almost the tone of an electric lap steel. It has just a hint of the resonator about it. The tricone has many of the characteristics of the tricones you have heard. But the wooden body does soften it some. You might be able to hear examples on his website.