| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Body height and pedal height
Wayne Ledbetter

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2014 11:41 am    

While I am logged in, I am hoping some of you veterans can help me with the usual body height and pedal height off the floor. Years ago I played an Emmons and guess the previous owner had things set. I wore cowboy boot ( I think to better reach the pedals) and seem to have room underneath for vp and boots. Now I am using a Sho Bud and it is not as high off the ground. Can't be cause can't wear boots on the vp. Right now I am using my Indian heritage and using moccasins ...lol. The reason I ask this is it me or Sho Buds shorter or am I trying to use pedals too close to the floor? I am trying to fine tune setup and things like that. This would be helpful for me. I know you can get pedal rod extenders but do others have to do this or is it me?
Sho Bud Super Pro, Fender Twin Reissue, Martin HD-28, Gibson J-45, Gibson RB-250,Stelling Bellflower,Regal Dobro, Takamine and Alvarez Classical, Fender Telecaster, Peavey Studio Pro 112. Mainly played Gospel and some bluegrass.
Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2014 2:51 pm    

Most steels have about the same floor to bottom height. The possibility remains that either your Emmons was over-height (relative to standard) or that your Bud is shorter. Measure bottom of endplate to the floor.
How cramped are you under there?
Wayne Ledbetter

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2014 3:08 pm     Height

Lane body height is real close to 26.5+ inches from floor give or take a little. Carpet area so solid floor be awful close to 26.5 inches.
Sho Bud Super Pro, Fender Twin Reissue, Martin HD-28, Gibson J-45, Gibson RB-250,Stelling Bellflower,Regal Dobro, Takamine and Alvarez Classical, Fender Telecaster, Peavey Studio Pro 112. Mainly played Gospel and some bluegrass.
Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2014 3:36 pm    

I'm in the semi, so I can't measure my guitars.
That does sound a little low: I'd try adding a 1/2" spacer between clutch and pedal rack and readjust pedal height.
Jr. Watts

Calico Rock Ar.
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2014 3:51 pm    

Hi Wayne. The floor to bottom height on my Sierra is 27 1/4. Jr. Watts

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2014 4:52 pm     Thanks

Thanks guys. I am looking at that. Whether to raise and/or how much. I am ok for now but as I adjust setup I wanted to get ideas of others and wondered. Interesting.