| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Green Sho-Bud Pro II
David Maniscalco

Arlington, VA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2014 4:28 pm    

1975 Pro II 8x6 Emmons Set Up

The guitar has a nice fat sound and the mechanics feel good. There is a chip in the front of the guitar, as you can see by the photos. There is also some checkering by the tuning keys on the E9 neck, however if you're not taking photos in the sun, it's not really that noticeable. The only difference from when I got it a few years ago is the scratches under the headstock, between the 5th and 6th strings on the E9 neck.

The 5th and 10th string lower (LNV) was added later and feels great - it was done by Duane Marrs. The previous owner whom I bought it from added the LNL on the C6 neck. It works and raises the 3rd string a 1/2 step but doesn't feel as good as the other knee levers. The case weighs about 15 lbs, has wheels and multiple handles and does an excellent job of protecting the instrument. Wallace Trutones are currently on the guitar. I still have the original Sho-Bud single-coil pick ups, which I'd be glad to include. Billy Cooper went over the guitar with me last winter and re-soldered the connection to the output jack.

$1900 plus shipping

Bill Bailey

Kingman, AZ
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2014 11:11 pm     Sho Bud

Very Happy Very Happy This guitar has the most beautiful woodwork and the price is unbelievable. I love these older Buds.
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.
David Maniscalco

Arlington, VA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2014 2:22 am     Bump

bump
Dave Diehl

Mechanicsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2014 1:53 pm    

I owned this guitar for a few years before Dave and can say that this is a very clean nice playing Sho Bud. Duane Marrs went over it before he passed and with exception of some adjustments and adding a knee lever, he found nothing wrong that needed repairing. The case was built by Bob Dell and anyone that knows his work don't need further information. For those that don't, it's built like a tank.
Paul Hutzler

Seattle, Wa
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2014 8:32 pm    

sent a PM. Thank you.

Arlington, VA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2014 7:01 am    

Thanks for the comments, Dave. Yes, this a very clean and nice playing Sho-Bud. Dave kept the guitar in great shape and it shows with really nice touches, such as the tags on the underside (see last picture) and case, as well as its highly polished aluminum and clean undercarriage. The Dell case not only is built like a tank but also makes the weight of a double neck more manageable being relatively lightweight, having big easy turning wheels and ample handles.

Paul, I never got your PM. Please send it again (or email). Thanks
Paul Hutzler

Seattle, Wa
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2014 9:05 am    

You can reach me at theehutz@gmail.com

Arlington, VA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2014 5:17 pm    

Item Sold. Donation sent.