| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  FS: '68 D10 Scranton ZB and D10 Carter
Brian J. Doyle

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2014 7:42 pm    

First up is a 1968 ZB that I bought here on the forum about five or six years ago. This guitar was built for Hall of Famer Bobby Garrett and was the guitar he used on a few Hank Thompson recordings from that era. This is a Zane Beck era guitar, and it has the original fretboards with his signature. The beautiful red and natural finish is also original as are the pickups. The guitar was built with 7 pedals and three knees (no C pedal). When I bought it, I had it torn down, cleaned and rebuilt by Kevin Hatton including a conversion of pedal four to a C pedal and an extra knee lever added, so the copedant is now standard Emmons except that there is no pedal four on the C neck. All four knee levers are new polished chrome and are fully adjustable. It plays like butter and sounds killer. This is not a fixer upper. I put a lot of money into this guitar, and it had been my main gigging steel until I pretty much stopped gigging about three or four years ago. It looks great, sounds great, and plays great. I also invested in Kevin Hatton's split cases since the original case was pretty much in tatters when I bought it. The split cases cut down on the weight, and the main case has wheels, so transporting the guitar is a lot easier. I would be happy to post additional pictures for anyone that is interested.

$2500 + shipping and paypal fees OBO

Next is a Carter D10 8x5 that I got through a trade here on the forum. I'm not sure the exact year, but I would guess it's mid 2000's. This is a rock solid guitar that looks good and sounds fantastic. I was looking for something more modern that would be lightweight for bringing to jam sessions, but I was really surprised at how good this steel sounds. I really like the tone of this guitar.

$1950 + shipping and paypal fees OBO

Brian J. Doyle

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2014 8:44 am    

Bump
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 12:39 pm    

I was informed that I once owned this guitar. It is a solid, great playing axe.

The Zeeb is beautiful.

Larry Behm

Phone: 971-219-8533
Brian J. Doyle

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2014 12:25 pm    

Thanks for the comment, Larry. Lots of interest in both guitars and a few offers, but as of now they are still available.
Brian J. Doyle

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2014 6:16 am    

bump
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2014 4:04 pm    

I dont understand why someone hasnt jumped on that Carter ! I have had 3 of them and they were all great sounding, great playing steels ! I dont know why I sold any of them,,,someone will get a great guitar at a great price...I would be tempted if I were flush !
Brian J. Doyle

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2014 6:35 pm    

Thanks for the comment, Larry. I know it's just a matter of time before these beautiful guitars sell. I'm not too worried about it because I'm happy to have both of them, especially the ZB. I just happened to come across a deal on an Emmons Original that I would have been a fool to pass up, and now I have more steels than I can justify given how little I get to play these days. If neither of these sell for some reason, I may have to part with my newly acquired Emmons, which wouldn't be the end of the world.
Larry Chapman

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2014 9:33 am     Carter Steel...

I just purchased this steel from Brian, and it's a great instrument as I knew it would be!

Thank you, Brian for getting it to me so quickly!

I am also happy to say that Brian is a seller who can be fully trusted to get you a selling item, and in a timely manner.

Thanks,
Larry
Buell Wisner

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2014 9:27 am    

Which one did you buy, Larry?