| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  arkansas' great steelin' the gospel steel guitar showcase
Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2014 8:38 pm    

another successful steelin' the gospel steel guitar showcase is history now and I want to thank those responsible for making it happen.
Billy Henderson, Portland, Arkansas on a zum
Terry Sneed, Urbana, Arkansas on a mullen
Bobby Ray, Madison, Mississippi on an msa
Keenun Friday, Magnolia, Arkansas on a mullen
Danny Crace, Star City, Arkansas on a Wilcox
and also fry-pan lap steel
Carl Cox, Oak Grove, Louisiana rogue tri-leg console
non-pedal
Louis Neathery, Fiske Union, Louisiana carter
Eddie Baker, Greenville, Mississippi Emmons lagrande
also the players that backed-up both the Friday the 13th early-bird jam and the Saturday showcase. phillip payne, fender telecaster lead guitar, bobby ray, electric piano, Jeremy payne, 5 string electric bass and seth hayes on drums.
these guy's played every song flawlessly.
we are now exactly one year away from the 3rd annual steelin' the gospel steel guitar showcase on the 2nd Saturday in June, 2015 and the crowd can't wait 'til we do this again, they loved it, they really loved it.
thanks guy's! stars of the steel guitars at the 2nd annual steelin' the gospel ateel guitar showcase.
country jack.....
Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2014 10:53 am    

Hey Jack, would have liked to be there, but just a little to far for us. I know it was a good one, Larry Baker and Jean DeVore
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2014 11:04 am    

Sounds like you guys had a great show. Maybe next year I can come back for another good time and fellowship.
Billy Henderson

Portland, AR, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2014 1:06 pm     Stellin the Gospel

You bet it was a good show. Just ask some of the good crowd that was there. I saw folks come but I never saw them leave. They liked it and they all liked Country Jack Harper. He entertained the crowd with his singing and his rapore with them.

I have seen Jack many times but this was one of his best performances I think. Jack is one of the best singers and Mc's I have ever heard. Jack knows everybody in the delta and what road they live on. He even knew where Seaton Dump is located but I am sure he doesn't know where Rabbit's Foot Crossing is but I wouldn't bet on that.

Anyone that is planning a show like this can't go wrong if you invite Country Jack, that Includs St Louis and Dallas. He is that good.
Terry Sneed

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2014 8:14 am     steelin the Gospel

Billy wrote"

Quote:
Anyone that is planning a show like this can't go wrong if you invite Country Jack, that Includs St Louis and Dallas. He is that good.

Totally agree! Great singer and song writer, and MC!

terry
Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2014 7:39 pm    

you guy's are just too kind.
I just do what I can do to keep the flow moving so that you can play your next song.
and then I get to sing with all those pedal steels.
billy you did a great job Friday nite and Saturday. keep up the good work. and thanks for being the ambassador that spreads the word for next years show.
terry, what a job you guy's did. that was just what we needed and the crowd was thrilled at the performance of terry sneed & heartland.
a special thanks to the Hackett's for letting us do this at their gospel singing shed. we could not do this without that.
country jack
steelin' the gospel...
Keenan Friday

Magnolia, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2014 4:22 pm    

I just want to say thanks to Mr. Jack Harper for allowing me to play a few songs at the show. I had a lot of fun and enjoyed getting to hear the other steel players and the way they played some of my favorite gospel tunes. On top of needing the experience, this show was close and I didn't have to drive too long of a distance. Really wish more places around here had shows like this dedicated to steel. Jack was really a lot of help to me at the show.
Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2014 11:08 pm    

well for one thing, it's not mr, it's just plain country.....or jack, but, not mr.....
keenan, you did a fine job and had people asking about you that night. you were quite impressive.
you bet your boots, you'll be back. bring a connection for the hi-tech and you'll be good to go with the multi-media.
thank you for comin'.
looks like we might be havin' a fall showcase comin' up. so keep checkin'-in for details.

country jack.....
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2014 1:58 am     show

See you Saturday, July 5th, in Brandon at the opry, buddy! I'll try to make the next Arkansas show with you.
Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2014 2:08 pm    

the great billy carr, man that's music to my ears!
it's gonna be a great night of classic country music and steel guitars in Brandon, Mississippi at the Brandon opry on july 5th with the man of steel, billy carr and the legendary bob saxton, behind the spot-on piano of musical director bobby ray and the Brandon opry band.....
and the addition of billy carr to the steelin' the gospel steel guitar showcase, wow what a day, a glorious day that will be.....

country jack....