| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1971 Emmons Push-Pull D-10 8×4 (SOLD)
Lynn Stafford

Ridgefield, WA USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2014 7:59 am    

I just finished completely restoring this original, fatback push-pull. The serial number is 1548 D. It’s the real deal and correct as it can be, right down to the proper slotted wood screws holding the brackets and other hardware to the cabinet. By the looks of the parts I saw while doing the work on it, I would guess it was seldom ever played by the previous owner. For example; virtually no wear on the majority of the pedals and the original Kluson tuners are still like new. The work I did involved a complete disassembly, thorough cleaning and the installation of three new factory correct knee levers to match the single original one that remained (after I tossed out the other three, that were home made by someone). The cabinet was reflocked underneath, bright aluminum professionally polished, necks jeweled, etc. and the fret boards are brand new Emmons Factory replacements. The guitar is presently at standard height (with the original legs) but I happen to have a brand new set of 1″ over legs and pedal rods that could be swapped in for an additional $100 if required.

I played it on the bandstand a few weekends ago and I’m happy to report that it sounds fabulous, with that wonderful push-pull tone and sustain and it plays great!

The legs for this 43 year old guitar are all original and of course not like new. I tried to clean them up as best as possible.

The photo above of the left rear leg shows a small patch of surface rust that I removed with some steel wool. I wanted to disclose that. There are also a few much smaller ones on the right rear leg but the front legs look just fine.

I also want disclose a cosmetic flaw in the left end plate. I the photo above you will see that the top edge on the front corner has a slight taper in it of about 1/32" at most.

As you can see, the end plate fits the cabinet very well otherwise, but the front corner does reveal a bit of the edge of the mica.

Here are a few photos of the under carriage.

At the moment, this guitar has a very standard Emmons set up; 8×4 with E’s on the left but I’ll be happy to switch it to Day style at no extra charge. I’ll also make reasonable changes to the existing copedent for free as long as you pay for any additional parts (if required). If you’d prefer to have more knee levers, I could certainly oblige by adding more of them (for an additional charge, of course). The guitar still has the original Emmons single coil pickups that came with it, wound to about 15K ohms. They sound great with lots of presence and string separation. Included is a solid Thomas hard case in great condition and a new D2F leg bag.

$3900.00 plus shipping. PayPal (add 3%) or cashier’s check accepted.

Please feel free to email me with any questions.

STEEL GUITAR WEST
http://www.steelguitarwest.com
Steel Guitar Technician (Restoration, Set-up, Service and Repair work)

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

ZumSteel Authorized Service Technician
----------------------------------

Last edited by Lynn Stafford on 10 Jul 2014 8:00 am; edited 4 times in total
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2014 9:17 am    

Once again the great workmanship and care taken by Lynn, JUST FOR YOU. Lynn takes pride in his work and wants to make his customers happy. How could this not bring a smile to your face. Now reach into your pocket, pull it out, send it to Lynn and you to can be the proud owner of a great looking and sounding PP.

I am working on a pet name for Lynn's work. Maybe "Staffordized", or "Staffordization" or "Lynnamized" well this may be a work in progress, I will let you know.

Larry Behm

Phone: 971-219-8533

Last edited by Larry Behm on 14 Jun 2014 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eric Philippsen

Central Florida USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2014 9:28 am    

Wow. Every time I see an Emmons that Lynn has done his magic on I shake my head.

As always, pretty impressive.
Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2014 8:44 pm    

Out standing job Lynn as usual. I think that era Emmons Fat backs are some of the best push pulls made. I have 1424D and wouldn't take anything for it. They are all tone monsters and play as good as any guitar.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2014 6:20 pm    

Such a great job again Lynn!! Beautiful Very Happy
gary pierce

Rossville TN
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2014 4:06 am    

This guitar looks like it just came new from the factory, or even better.
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2014 4:19 am    

Looks great!,,,,,,
Billy Knowles

Kenansville, N. C. 28349 usa
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2014 5:41 am     Lynn

Lynn does great work!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful guitar.

STEEL GUITAR EAST

Emmons authorized dealer and approved service technician

my web site: http://www.steelguitareast.com
john widgren

Wilton CT
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2014 7:13 am     Pp

Awesome! Love it!

JW
widcj@hotmail.com
Bryan Daste

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2014 2:10 pm    

Can't go wrong with this one, folks Smile Somebody get it!
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2014 5:15 pm    

I live 5 minutes from Lynn, I get to see and play many of the completed projects, Lynn is the real deal and these guitars just shine.

Was there today to witness another happy customer, D10 PP. He had smiles for miles.

Larry Behm

Phone: 971-219-8533
b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2014 9:10 am    

Keep in mind that the seller owns the ad. Our policy is to delete replies to Classified Ads on the request of the seller. Moderators also can delete any post for any reason, or for no reason at all.

This ad is about a reconditioned guitar that is for sale. That much should be clear by now. Do not reply about this post of mine, or about other subjects. Off topic replies will be deleted. Replies that Lynn or I don't like will be deleted.

If you don't like this policy, you may respond in Forum Feedback and we'll debate it in a civilized fashion.

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2014 9:26 am    

The flaw is not bad at all.
Lynn Stafford

Ridgefield, WA USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2014 8:05 am     Sale Pending Receipt Of Funds

I have received written commitment to buy this guitar and am now waiting for funds to arrive.

b0b, please don't close this quite yet. I'll update this as soon as possible, after a few things are firmed up. A few minor details are still to be worked out between the buyer and myself. Eventually this guitar (and the buyer) will land in Australia and a Forum donation will be made along the way.

I certainly would like to thank everyone who has been kind enough to post their positive thoughts.

STEEL GUITAR WEST

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

Eric Henry

Corvallis, OR
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2014 8:40 am    

Add me to the long list of Lynn's delighted customers. I recently bought a '77 PP here on the forum from Ron Spears (great guy to deal with, too) and took it to Lynn for a setup. Picked it up last week. Holy cow! What a beautiful job. Plays like butter now (or, when I play it, margarine). It looks like a brand new steel under the hood. Lynn's attention to detail is amazing. Plus he's just a great guy to work with.

I saw this steel when I was at his shop. Someone is going to get a pretty sweet instrument.
Lynn Stafford

Ridgefield, WA USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 8:08 am     Sold

b0b, please close this. The guitar is sold and will be picked up in Los Angeles in a few weeks and transported to Australia with the owner. I'll be making a donation to the Forum later this morning.

Eric, thanks very much for you kind remarks. It's been a real pleasure getting to know you.

STEEL GUITAR WEST