| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Wet reverb vs tc Hall of Fame
George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2014 1:42 pm    

I have a mono Wet reverb that sounds great, but lately I've been using two MB 200s and two cabs and would like to get either the stereo Wet, or the stereo Hall of Fame. I know a lot of people have one or the other. Has anybody compared them side by side? Thanks, George
Jimbo Watkins

Allen, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2014 5:40 pm    

Sorry, no side by side comparison but I thought that I would put in a good word for the TC unit. I have had a TC Hall of Fame for my Tele guitar for a while and really liked it so I started using it with the steel. It sounds great and is the most flexible reverb pedal that I am aware of. The stereo works nicely as well.

I tried a Moore ShimVerb and sold it the same week I bought it. It added unwanted color to the tone. Very unnatural sounding to my ear. I bought a mini Hall of Fame for my Tele and use the original for the steel so that I can switch from my standard hall reverb to spring or anything else at the flick of a switch.

Also, I just recently tried editing some tone prints with the free editor from TC and had fun.

I originally sold an Elecro Harmonix Holy Grail nano to fund the Hall of Fame. The holy Grail also has great, uncolored hall and spring tones. The TC is hands-down more flexible though.

Good Luck. Give us a little write-up on whatever you get!

Durham, NC
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2014 11:12 am    

I have a wet reverb and had a TC Trinity Reverb, which is similar to the Hall of Fame.

IMO the TC Trinity cut off some of my hi end frequencies and sounded a little dark or muddy to me.

Gordon
George Majoros

Vancouver, B.C.
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2014 10:08 pm    

Hey George I have tried both but for my taste I love the Wet reverb. I have many reverb units and currently play a Benado board, (which is a fantastic board) but I love the wet it is rich and lush and will keep it in my collection. It to me has that 60s sound I was raised on.