| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  about the JBFC's newest posts.................
Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 May 2014 4:35 pm    

The JerryByrd-FanClub.com

has posted some new tunes to the site.

The opening page has "TWILIGHT BLUES"....... but due to an error on my part the artist playing the tune is not MR. Byrd as I had fully intended but rather, some obscure wanna-be instrumentalist that apparently thinks he's Jerry Byrd.

I hate to bother my Web Master about this mess-up so I hope you can all forgive my blunder.

I'll get it right next month. Okay?

I'm told the player was using a wrong set of finger picks, namely for an Emmons type 10-string guitar rather than the actual instrument, a six string Ric.
That should explain the audible blurbs.
Bob Hickish

Port Ludlow, Washington, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 4 May 2014 9:17 am    

Quote:
not MR. Byrd as I had fully intended but rather, some obscure wanna-be instrumentalist that apparently thinks he's Jerry Byrd.

Ray
Who might this masked steel guitarist be ?
Might he be from a grate metropolitan city in Oregon ?
is he able to leep tall pack seats in a single bound ?
Razz
Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 4 May 2014 9:30 am     A rapid response from the JBFC

Well now, Mr. Hickish..........

As you well know, I'm a busy, busy individual who's age is starting to appear everywhere. I experience lapses of memory quite frequently; shortness of breath; and, nights where my sleep is fitfull.

My record and tape collections got ahead of me some time back, can't remember when it occurred, and now when I want to find a certain song, I'm as lost in my attempt to do so as any stranger might be.

I recognized that JERRY BYRD had recorded this tune many years ago so had the web master pop it into the play cycle for this month.

Much to my total amazement........it was some guy I know not who, playing the song. There was scribbling on one edge of the cassette about "Spokane, Washington" but no name I might recognize.

This glaring error wasn't discovered until after it had been posted to the site so I opted to just leave it up as a discussional item.

Thanks for picking up on it.
Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 4 May 2014 10:05 am    

Quote:
The opening page has "TWILIGHT BLUES".......

Has anyone noticed that about three seconds into that song someone says "a little faster". It can clearly be heard on the recording. Maybe it was an alternate take that was never used or a demo of some kind.

----> http://jerrybyrd-fanclub.com/music/Twilight_Blues.mp3
Bob Hickish

Port Ludlow, Washington, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 4 May 2014 10:13 am    

Quote:
scribbling on one edge of the cassette about "Spokane, Washington" but no name I might recognize

"Spokane, Washington" thats all you need to know , you can hear just about anything in Spokane, Washington - we even played one of there ( what you might call ) hot spots -- see below

Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 4 May 2014 11:04 am     Re: about the JBFC's newest posts.................

Ray Montee wrote:
player was using a wrong set of finger picks, namely for an Emmons type 10-string guitar rather than the actual instrument, a six string Ric.

Would a 10 string pick work on a 9 string guitar, or even an 8 string?