| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  excel pedal steel guitar
Earl Terry

norwalk Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2014 6:17 am    

Is there any repair shops for Exel guitars in the USA?
Larry Allen

Kapaa, Kauai,Hawaii
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2014 11:08 am     Excel

Earl, as steels go, Excels are easy to work on, any steel repair guy can do it. The problem is getting parts as Scotty's is about at the end of their run and Mitsuo doesn't have some of the older parts.What do you need ? Larry Smile

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2014 6:28 pm    

Hi Folks, I've been scouring the forum to find specific parts.,sorry to hop in on the thread. I needed a bit of advice. First, I'm a lefty player and have only been playing a few years. I was lucky to find a used Lefty Excel D10 at a very good price. I knew it would need some TLC. Both necks were set up to some unknown (to me) copedant. I was able to get the E9 neck set up using all the parts it came with and it plays very nice now. I laid out all the remaining rods and bellcranks for the C6 neck and it seems I'm a bit short part wise. As I said the E9 neck is now set up correctly and plays really nice now. To get the C6 neck playing correctly I need some part. I had reached out to Scotty's music over the last 6 months, just about once a month. Dewitt has always responded but says be patient and they will get back to me. I will keep trying but wondered if there are any other places to get the unique cranks (hex) and rods or at least the little hex nylon ends.

Below is the list of parts I believe I will need. I certainly want to give Scotty's the business and i know there is a language and import component that complicates this a bit. I am anxious to get the C6 neck set up so I figured I seek some advice on this.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks for your time! All the best to you both. Thanks again.

Sincerely, Mark Addeo

Parts I seek for C6 Excel neck:

1. two 20" rods for pedal #5
2. one 5" rod for Left knee -> left (lefty setup)
3. one 10" rod for Left knee - > right.
4. four nylon hex adjusters for the rods above. (if these are set in a pack I'll take more, just let me know price).
5. four bell cranks. (Go on hex shaft)
6. four little barrels with allen screw. (go in bellcranks and pull the rods.)
7. eight little clamps. (go on hex shafts and keep shaft and nylon bearing in place.