| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1951 Fender Custom T-8 - $1000 shipped
Tim Whitlock

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2014 8:50 pm    

Putting out a feeler here for my 1951 Fender Custom T-8. Trapezoid pickups all work great. The electronics have all been replaced with new parts and all function the way they should. I believe though, that the cap may be the wrong value, because it doesn't do the boo-wah that well. An easy fix that I will leave for the new owner.

Also, one of the lollipop tuner heads has broken off. I have the head, so it could be fixed. Three of the tuners are bent on the outer neck, but still function. So, you can still use 7 strings on the outer neck. All the tuners on the other necks are good.

The guitar proudly shows the nicks and wear you would expect of a 63 year old guitar, but for its age it's in good shape. Currently strung for C6 (lowest neck), E13 (middle) and D (outer). It comes with the original case which is in good shape and the latches all work well. The three legs all work fine and can be fully extended for playing standing up.

The guitar plays just fine as is, and sounds fabulous. Because of the repairs needed to bring it back to perfect condition, I am pricing it at a flat $1000, shipped to the 48 lower states. I have read about a shop in Portland that fixed a member's tuning pan for $200, so I think the price is pretty good, considering I will pay to have it shipped (it's 50 lb). Great opportunity to get a vintage instrument at a really low price, if you don't mind fixing a couple of things.