| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  An open letter to Merrill Fich from Yuma
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2014 7:12 am    

I played at the Dallas Show on the Thursday evening. I got so carried away with the euphoria of actually playing at Dallas that I didn't realise afterwards that I left a bag on a table by the side of the stage which contained my Peterson Tuner and a lead.

On the Saturday it was still there, and Merrill Fich very kindly handed it in to Sue Haslam from Peterson Tuners. Sue checked on her system and found that the tuner was registered to me (thank goodness that I registered it). Sue emailed me to say that she had the tuner, and I picked it up from her on the Sunday morning.

Now if this had happened in the UK I doubt that I would have been so fortunate. We do have a large percentage of honest folks especially in the steel guitar community, but in a UK show the size of Dallas I would not have seen my tuner again.

Merrill - thank you so much for your honesty and integrity, and for giving a happy ending to my story. It is much appreciated.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Last edited by Ken Byng on 19 Mar 2014 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2014 9:03 am    

Merrill is an honest and good gentleman who works hard for not only the TSGA show in Dallas, but also for the SWSGA in Phoenix. He and his sweet wife Vangie are truly an asset to the entire steel community.

Billy
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2014 9:36 am    

Thank you Billy. I did get to meet Merrill's charming wife, and they are very obviously devoted to each other.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,