| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Texas: Thanks TSGA and My Birthday!
Tommy Dodd

Acworth, Ga., USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2014 9:09 am    

Every year my birthday (March 14) falls on or around the weekend of the TSGA show in Dallas. This year it was on Friday and I was honored to be asked to participate in a 3-man jam Friday night with Doug Jernigan and Jim Cohen. I knew it was going to be a struggle to keep up with those monster players but also a lot of fun so I jumped at the opportunity. After several songs, my friend Bill Ferguson and Mike Siler (the MCs for the show) announced to the audience it was my birthday. As they led several hundred people in the crowd singing to me, Albert and Debbie Talley rolled out a cart with a birthday cake. I was totally blown away! I am so very fortunate to have so many friends in the steel guitar community I feel like a very blessed man.

My sincere thanks to all of you that came by with birthday wishes at the show. And, a very special thanks to Albert and Debbie Talley, and all of the folks who helped put on the show in Dallas. The TSGA rocks!
Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2014 5:04 pm     Tommy D.

Tommy glad I got to Meet you in Dallas, I Really Enjoyed your Set Sat. Next Year I am Gonna Be there Fri and Sat. It was my First ever Steel Show and I am Hooked! Randy Gilliam. Happy B- Day. Very Happy
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2014 7:41 am    

It was a great cake!

I'm trying to cut back on sweets, so I didn't eat my piece. But Siler didn't want his portion, so I ate his rather than have it go to waste. Wink

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?