| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My visit ti the Emmons Factory 1995
Bill McKillop

Glasgow, Scotland
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2014 10:54 am    

Hi folks,
Here's a picture of myself and my youngest daughter Lorraine (aged 11 at the time)with Ron Senior on our visit to the Emmons Factory in the summer of 1995. You'll notice that Ron didn't give up an opportunity to do a bit of advertising and if you check his feet, you'll see he has two odd shoes on. That's because he was suffering from gout at the time. I had a great day there and met lots of great guys.
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2014 3:12 pm    

Great pic! And wouldn't that sign look good on my wall. My Dad had gout, and he had a shoe that he "customized" for his foot. He cut a shoe up. Everywhere the shoe touched his foot, it hurt. That old shoe was down to sole and string, when he died.
Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2014 6:15 pm    

COLCHICINE. That's the answer to gout. It will bring down any gout flare up in just a few hours. I know. I have gout. It's a dietary complaint caused by eating food which is too high in purine, and that creates a build-up of Uric Acid crystals in the joints. It can be avoided.
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2014 3:29 am    

That looks familiar, although I was there in 1971.
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2014 8:10 am    

Alan, My Dad took Colchicene all his life. But he enjoyed good liquor, a piece of pork, vinegar was the only salad dressing I ever saw him use--He got a lot of things wrong. But I remember, as a kid, he'd send me to the drugstore up the street, for "a dollar's worth of Colchicene." And there'd be like, 50 pills in the bottle. Times change, don't they?
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2014 8:54 am    

Hi Billy
That's a great picture. Big Ron had lost a lot of weight at that time. Did you manage to scrounge the sign from him?

Ken
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,